Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which carburetor for 2.0 L race engine?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Driver174
Currently I have dual Weber (Spain variety) 40 IDF's on my 2 L , and am looking to purchase larger carbs. Is there a better choice than new Spanish Webers?

Although I am not impressed with the design of my current Webers, I have accumulated lots of jets and spare parts that will support new Webers.

Many thanks,
Jim
wndsrfr
QUOTE(Driver174 @ Mar 22 2018, 08:24 PM) *

Currently I have dual Weber (Spain variety) 40 IDF's on my 2 L , and am looking to purchase larger carbs. Is there a better choice than new Spanish Webers?

Although I am not impressed with the design of my current Webers, I have accumulated lots of jets and spare parts that will support new Webers.

Many thanks,
Jim

Super happy with PMO's on my 2.7...
MikeSpraggi
QUOTE(wndsrfr @ Mar 24 2018, 07:57 PM) *

Many thanks,
Jim

John, I'm guessing the original poster has a 4/cyl since the Spanish 40 IDFs are 2-barrels......but yes, you SHOULD be happy with your PMOs! smile.gif
yeahmag
I prefer Dellortos over anything other than fuel injection. There are a few turnkey kits for IDF style F.I. Jenevey and CB Performance come to mind.
MikeSpraggi
QUOTE(yeahmag @ Mar 26 2018, 03:49 AM) *

I prefer Dellortos over anything other than fuel injection. There are a few turnkey kits for IDF style F.I. Jenevey and CB Performance come to mind.

Had Dellortos on my first 914. Great carbs!
rhodyguy
Try Blackline Racing(.net). Previously Aircooled Engineering. When Art owned it they were jake raby's go to shop for carb work. You provide the engine specs and they rebuild and set the carbs up for your application. Flow bench included. 801-747-3342.
Thorshammer

For 2.0 race engines, we typically use the 40P11 carb, on the short manifolds, they do flow the best. You can modify the Webers, by boring the tops, but its a lot of work. If you are unlimited on the induction, go to FI.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(MikeSpraggi @ Mar 25 2018, 03:15 PM) *

QUOTE(wndsrfr @ Mar 24 2018, 07:57 PM) *

Many thanks,
Jim

John, I'm guessing the original poster has a 4/cyl since the Spanish 40 IDFs are 2-barrels......but yes, you SHOULD be happy with your PMOs! smile.gif

I agree that it's likely a /4, but /6 weber's were also made in Spain and then the USA for a short time. They have a much lower value than original Italian webers.
You see them pop up on the bird at times.

Note looking around maybe I'm wrong on the /6 Spain webers....but it was Italy and then USA.
Driver174
Sorry guys, I should have been specific, and said the carbs were going on a 2.0 L - 4.

I bought larger Spanish Weber Idf's.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.