Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heating system complete, almost!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Garland
I put a lot of time setting up the heating system, only to find out that I should block off the right heat exchanger. I hate to do that so I am in need of a splitter for the hose used on 75-76 models. Any one have one?
Garland
The blower
SirAndy
call the usual parts houses, EASY, HPH, Parts Heaven etc ...

also, you could "upgrade" to the VW-bus blower that has 2 outlets ....
wink.gif Andy
Garland
Sir Andy, I have a 2 outlet blower from a 914, just would like to use the mount in the car. Found AA has it but $$. Looking for one someone may have laying around.
redshift
Pelican has the tubes, and the splitters.

M
SirAndy
QUOTE (Garland @ Jun 5 2005, 05:04 PM)
Found AA has it but $$.

that's why i suggested the places above. they will have the part used and much cheaper than AA ...

wink.gif Andy
Garland
I will try Pelican in the morning. There listing has the tubes only, yet the picture shows the spliter.
Garland
QUOTE (redshift @ Jun 5 2005, 07:04 PM)
Pelican has the tubes, and the splitters.

M

Worked with 3 Pelican part guys over 4 days and, they show the part on the web page.....but don't stock it. They will look around and get back with me if any luck in finding one.

If a member has one of these let me know if you would be willing to part with it.
SirAndy
QUOTE (Garland @ Jun 8 2005, 09:57 PM)
Worked with 3 Pelican part guys over 4 days

ok, i try that *one* more time, three is a charm ...

EASY, HPH, Parts Heaven

here, i even give you the phone#s ...

EASY, http://www.easypor.com/, (510) 653-3279
HPH, http://www.highperformancehouse.com/, (650) 364-6234
Parts Heaven, http://www.partsheaven.com/, (510) 782-0354

some people just don't want to listen ...
rolleyes.gif Andy
Garland
I here you and I will call them all this time, and let you know.
Bleyseng
agree.gif
PP sells new parts and EASY, HPH, Parthaven sell used parts which I haven't heard of the splitter being available new.
kenpolives
I'll be putting my heating system in soon, I have the spliter to go on the fan, here is my question, if you route the fan output hoses to both sides of the engine sheet metal (through the tubes), where do you get the fresh air for the fan input? if any?
ThinAir
QUOTE (kenpolives @ Jun 9 2005, 09:42 AM)
where do you get the fresh air for the fan input? if any?

It draws the fresh air from within the engine compartment. Yet another reason for keeping your engine clean from extra oil and the engine compartment seals in good condition. Don't forget that even when the electric fan isn't running, the engine fan also provides air for heat - and it draws the intake air from the same source.
maf914
agree.gif Yep, Ernie is correct.

I wish there was some way to make the booster fan hoses look decent in the engine compartment. idea.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.