Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Original radio and speakers ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Garland
Just picked up this parts car stored for many years. The body is shot since it was parked outside but the parts are in very good shape. It is # 1227 build for 1971 could it be built for overseas and shipped here?
Garland
Picture 2
Garland
Picture 3
Garland
Picture 4
Joe Bob
click this

Check this thread....period correct NOT factory. 914s delivered to the USA had radios installed by the dealer.....they may be German they maybe consistently one model but they are NOT factory...
Garland
QUOTE ("*" @ Jun 5 2005, 06:06 PM)

914s delivered to the USA

I wonder if this was shipped by owner to US, not built for US. Found this part on the engine, have not seen it before on a US car. Mounted at the coil.
Aaron Cox
ballast resistor? idea.gif
xsboost90
mine has a blaupunkt..i have all the original paperwork in the owners manual. by the way if anyone wants it..... rolleyes.gif
Garland
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jun 5 2005, 06:15 PM)
ballast resistor?  :idea:

Yea, wired to one side of the coil. Also is this common on a US model?
Garland
Found something else Euro pressure sensor # 022 906 051A part number. I think this is a Euro car. So the radio could be stock!
Garland
I say it " The radio IS STOCK. Euro
neo914-6
Here's what came in my '72:

See the "volkswagen" label in the center slider switch?
Joe Bob
Believe what you wanna....I used to go drool at the Vasek Pollak Porsche Dealer and talk to the lot boy....he did the installs. He also installed the antennas....depending on the radios and the parts and the whim of the owner....everyone he installed was different.
Garland
QUOTE ("*" @ Jun 5 2005, 07:13 PM)
Believe what you wanna....I used to go drool at the Vasek Pollak Porsche Dealer and talk to the lot boy....he did the installs. He also installed the antennas....depending on the radios and the parts and the whim of the owner....everyone he installed was different.

Read the post above! This is a Euro car shipped to the US . NO "lot boy" installed anything!
Joe Bob
OKEY DOKEY....get a certificate of authenticity from Porsche and post it....until then.....I stand by my lot boy story.

I don't argue CW stuff, because frankly I don't care if this is "correct" or this is from one that was delivered in France or Bulgaria.

Stock 914s suck...they were designed to be an entry level Porsche and NOT compete with the 911....when it got a decent motor and started kicking the 911 butt the factory pulled the plug.

That's why NONE of mine are stock...sorry if this yanks yer chain, but I shouldn't even replied to this thread.....kill me now.... headbang.gif
Garland
QUOTE ("*" @ Jun 5 2005, 07:30 PM)
OKEY DOKEY....get a certificate of authenticity from Porsche and post it....until then.....I stand by my lot boy story.

I don't argue CW stuff, because frankly I don't care if this is "correct" or this is from one that was delivered in France or Bulgaria.

Stock 914s suck...they were designed to be an entry level Porsche and NOT compete with the 911....when it got a decent motor and started kicking the 911 butt the factory pulled the plug.

That's why NONE of mine are stock...sorry if this yanks yer chain, but I shouldn't even replied to this thread.....kill me now.... headbang.gif

WOW! Talk about " yanks yer chain" "Stock 914s suck" You don't know to much about the 914. Out handled the 911 of its day, and if you can drive it, it will perform very well. Then again I am not talking about drag racing. Or round d round. 914's are completive as e production cars on a good road corse, with someone behind the wheel that can drive. Not stock? Not a true 914! driving.gif
Joe Bob
Bite my crankshaft newbie.....I've been wrenching on these for years...my opinion is my own....you can express yours all ya want, free posting and free country....show me the paperwork.
brer
The radio that says volkswagen on the slider is a Bendix Sapphire radio manufactured solely for the distribution of Volkswagen of America. That radio doesn't exist in Europe.

The LMU radio looks like a 3 band blaupunkt.
Garland
QUOTE ("*" @ Jun 5 2005, 08:17 PM)
Bite my crankshaft newbie.....I've been wrenching on these for years...my opinion is my own....you can express yours all ya want, free posting and free country....show me the paperwork.

Newbie ? Try wrenching for decade's. Not posting, wrenching. The knowledge on 914 you have, questionable! Mike you really got me going with that newbie comment.
Joe Bob
Show me the CoA and I'll eat my words....
neo914-6
What IS "stock"? confused24.gif Design and Manufacturing are driven by Marketing. The US is a dominant market that heavily influences the product's design. Maybe less when Porsche was a small company and didn't have to listen to shareholders or customer base.

In this case a radio was requested and "factory" specified so the car was "factory" designed to accomodate one that "may" have been installed at the factory or by the dealer. Is there really a difference?

I bought a grey market Mercedes. Are all the missing US DOT features "factory stock"?

I guess the interpretation matters to some people so continue the debate...
brer
terms that apply

FACTORY

STOCK

ORIGINAL

PERIOD

pick any two and use them in a sentence referring to your car.
BMartin914
Does the car have side marker lights? That's a dead giveaway if it's a euro car or not.
MoveQik
QUOTE (BMartin914 @ Jun 6 2005, 09:06 AM)
Does the car have side marker lights? That's a dead giveaway if it's a euro car or not.

I would also think that you could check the emblems on the rear of the car. If they are gone, check the holes where they should be. I thought that only the Euro cars had the VW/Porsche emblems. All US models came sans the "VW" I could be wrong.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.