Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Transaxle (transmission) Mount Suggestions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mharrison
I'm looking to replace the transmission mounts when putting the new drivetrain in my car. I've got a '74 and I've been looking at the various options

Pelican Quote:
stock mounts offer a good, although expensive solution that will keep your car original. The sport mounts are 911-style motor mounts that are a direct and less expensive substitute for the original mounts (Pelican Recommended). Finally, the solid transmission mounts are super stiff and will not wear out over time.

So what do you guys think?

Stock, 911 mounts, or the solid mounts? What if anything is the difference in your experience?

Thanks
-Matt
redshift
Wevo mounts. Application specific... no experience, but that's what I am getting.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...=ST&f=4&t=28186

Mmm... pretty...

M
SirAndy
QUOTE (mharrison @ Jun 5 2005, 04:29 PM)
Stock, 911 mounts, or the solid mounts? What if anything is the difference in your experience?

i've got the 911 sport mounts and i'm very happy with them. better than the stock rubber and *much* less vibration that the solid mounts ...

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.