Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AX report
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
J P Stein
But, the second run group got in 4 dry runs.....glad I was there biggrin.gif

Dicked meself outta TTOD with cones. Think I still got second with the cone run.
Let a young fella (about everyone to me) make a couuple fun run passes. Matched my time with his first run and beat me by 2 sec on his second headbang.gif I tole him "No more of that shit....mistreating my car like that laugh.gif

Got a bit carried away on one run and into some serious wheel hop at the start when it came on the bump in first......didn't break anything, but I ain't doing that again till I get it figured out....any advice?

Trevor (rough rider) finally got out with his 6er.....and was grinning like the Cheshire cat.

Oh....yeah....then it rained like a cow pissin' on a flat rock.

Bruce has the pics....so doan ak me
drew365
I'm waiting for an AX report from you that doesn't include rain.
On the wheel hop, just a guess, but now that you're using slicks you might need more rear spring?
Next week will be my first time on track in six months, after one engine rebuild and one gear box rebuild, new rear rotors and calipers. I hope it don't rain.
brant
I think you need more seat time and you will be 1st instead of 2nd!

don't know about the wheel hop.
want to see those pictures , even though I'm not supposed to bug you about them

brant
Joseph Mills
QUOTE (J P Stein @ Jun 5 2005, 06:35 PM)
But, the second run group got in 4 dry runs.....glad I was there biggrin.gif

Got a bit carried away on one run and into some serious wheel hop at the start when it came on the bump in first......didn't break anything, but I ain't doing that again till I get it figured out....any advice?

If that only happened from a standstill at the start, and no where else on the course, you can probably fix it real easy with your right foot. wink.gif

Anyway, congrats... sounds like you've moved up a notch or two!

So, where are the pics??????? confused24.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Air_Cooled_Nut
I was there giving my Squareback a taste of asphault smile.gif in the first run, in the RAIN dry.gif With old street tires and lot's of wheel spin I got second...to last biggrin.gif Okay, okay, she's makes a better 1/4-mile car...

It was inspirational to see the various Porsches racing about, especially those that were there to PUSH their cars aktion035.gif I was radio/flag for station #3 so I got to see the whole course. One thing I noticed - and surprised myself - was that I think I actually like the look of the 914 with the vinyl trim on the sails! screwy.gif

On my first 914 I removed the sail vinyl (it was peeling off, anyway) and liked the look. However, seeing the cars driving about from a distance (Jim's & J.P.'s) they looked taller. There was another 914 with the sail trim and targa on and it shrunk the height of the car. I just figured that w/o the sail vinyl is the look that I liked so it surprised me when the car looked shorter in black appearance trim blink.gif So guess what? I'm going to put the appearance trim back on my car AND I'm also going to cover the A-pillars. Yes, the whole top of the car needs to be black to "shrink" the top. Much like what Porsche was thinking when they decided to make the rockers black to "shrink" the height of the car wink.gif

Whoda thunk that watching a couple cars racing could change someone's opinion? burnout.gif
Joe Bob
uMMMMM, let the clutch out slower.... cool_shades.gif
rhodyguy
did ya fix that starter jp?

k
Joe Ricard
Yea rained like the dickens in New Orleans too. interupted by screaming sun shine that could make 2 feet of steam rise up off the tarmac. Talk about humidity!!!! If it wasn't raining it was "hotter than the hammers of hell". I don't know what that means but it sure sounds bad.
Porsche Rescue
Toby, great to meet you in person and have you join the fun. Hope you get your 914 going soon. The more we can get to join in the more fun it will be. Gary and Pamela Chapman should be there on 7/3 with their two 2.0's and hopefully Bruce Allert will have his car back together as well. Sunday was the first time out this year for the Hall family with their yellow car. Trevor and JP can go off and play with all their six cylinder horsepower and the rest of us can fight for first among the little guys.
Bruce Allert
Even tho it rained for the first part of runs it turned out to be a nice day. The really fasasssombitchys were in the non rain 2nd heat. Got some gud pics but my 'puter is say'n "I DON"T LIKE RAW" so I am having troubles downloading them. Have a nice one of Toby's "Cop Bait" Square back VW at the line. More of Trevors and JP's too.

Will try to get them posted tonight after getting more mem'ry to the 'puter dry.gif

......b
SirAndy
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
DNHunt
If I can get a new 1st syncro, dog teeth and slider in I might try to get down on the 3rd. i like your courses cause i don't get lost.

Dave
Porsche Rescue
Come on down!! Probably not the best weekend but drag Kevin, Geoff , Al and Rich too. Maybe we'll get sun and a light turn-out 'cause of the holiday and we'll get lots more runs! We usually quit at about 1 pm so you can tell the family you'll be home for dinner.
Rough_Rider
wee
Rough_Rider
weer
Rough_Rider
weer2
Rough_Rider
qwee
Rough_Rider
5 wee
Rough_Rider
oops missed 4
Rough_Rider
6 wee
Rough_Rider
7 wee
Rough_Rider
692 1
Rough_Rider
692-2 apologies for previous pics with whitespace.....
Rough_Rider
Rough_Rider
692-4
Rough_Rider
692-5
Rough_Rider
692-6
Rough_Rider
692-7
Rough_Rider
692-8
Rough_Rider
back to back
Rough_Rider
Don't run the photographer over!!
brant
nice pics!!!!!!!

Rough_Rider
Thanks JP & everyone out there. 1st AX ever. 1st time really driving the 14, had a ball.

The instructors we're great, course layout was fun. Quote "Best fun i've ever had in 2nd gear"
Was excellent to take the 14 out in anger & finally confirm that all the setup work i've done with huge amounts of input from you guys actually works.
The dips, drain, troughs, camber & general nastyness of the track surface didn't faze my litte motor in the slightest.

Really pleased to get a 56.6 down from a 1st run of 64. (JP timed a 51) Will await the official results to compare.
Porsche Rescue
Guess I better paint my car so Trev will take my picture. Or do I have to go faster too? Grow a gray beard? Wear a damn purple Husky sweat shirt? I wanna be a star!
Air_Cooled_Nut
Hey Jim, forgot to tell ya, your right side brake light is out.
J P Stein
QUOTE (Porsche Rescue @ Jun 6 2005, 09:24 AM)
Guess I better paint my car so Trev will take my picture. Or do I have to go faster too? Grow a gray beard? Wear a damn purple Husky sweat shirt? I wanna be a star!

Dude, it's the Husky sweat shirt laugh.gif
Gud pics, Trevor.
Rough_Rider
Sorry Jim & all the other 14's in run group 2. I couldn't drive & take pics at same time :-) (yeah wussie i know)

& know one wanted to take my camera. So wll i have is run group 1 & fun run's.
Joseph Mills
Who does the blue car belong too?
Rough_Rider
joe, the blue machine is mine.

I bought it from a chap in your neck of the woods. Chris Lewis, he used to AX'd it but hadn't since doing the 6 conversion. She's a 2.2T from a 71 911.
I re-worked the brakes, suspension, steering, stripped interior & lexan'd the windows.
Bruce Allert
Good Job on the pics Trev... clap.gif Glad there's another picture man for back up beer.gif

.......b
Joseph Mills
QUOTE (Rough_Rider @ Jun 6 2005, 12:27 PM)
joe, the blue machine is mine.

I bought it from a chap in your neck of the woods. Chris Lewis, he used to AX'd it but hadn't since doing the 6 conversion. She's a 2.2T from a 71 911.
I re-worked the brakes, suspension, steering, stripped interior & lexan'd the windows.

I thought I recognized it. Good - I'm glad to see you AX'in it!

I looked that car over. Lots of good modifications and upgrades. How is the driver's seat working out for you? I have an extra seat I may do the same modifications to.

I drove it. What did you do to the suspension and steering?

I have some pics of it if you would like them. Here's one of them.
Porsche Rescue
Thanks Toby. Guess I better get in the same group as JP, then maybe I will be in the background! biggrin.gif
Joseph Mills
JP,

Your car looks like it has a more conservative camber attitude and appears to sit higher. Is this correct?

And those are some dang big dancin' shoes. biggrin.gif
J P Stein
QUOTE (joseph222 @ Jun 6 2005, 02:24 PM)
JP,

Your car looks like it has a more conservative camber attitude and appears to sit higher. Is this correct?

And those are some dang big dancin' shoes. biggrin.gif

Joe, very observent.
I reset the rear camber to -.7.....I'd have done the same to the front but the tire clearance dosen't allow for it...it's at -1.5.
Them shoes like -.6/-.8

It's high cause that venue is rough as a cob. Guys were bottoming out in the course layout guy missed a bump....or rather, didn't miss it. I had no problems. Static height is around 4.75 ground to doughnuts...I don't get on the bumpstops.
Rough_Rider
Official Results..

Btw any more pics? Would love to see my donut.
Bruce Allert
Hey Trev, I finally got all pics downloaded and have some nice ones of you & yer car. I'll try at lunch if the 'puter didn't crash whilst converting the RAW files to tiff alfred.gif

......b
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.