Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Pair of 75'-'76 sunvisors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
KD914
I'm looking for an NOS pair if possible, or a used mint pair of '75 - '76 sunvisors. Thanks.
Tom_T
QUOTE(KD914 @ Mar 24 2018, 08:03 PM) *

I'm looking for an NOS pair if possible, or a used mint pair of '75 - '76 sunvisors. Thanks.

I'm assuming that you're trying to do an 100% originality resto, asking for these unicorns.

You'll want to look for any of the 71.5 - 76 visors with the driver side documents flap & passenger side with mirror & cover flap over same, since the visors stayed the same, but the 74> or 75-76 pins went to less expensive black plastic pins (early pins were chromed steel pins). You can get the pins for 75-76 or re-use yours.

http://p914.com/p914_mirrors_vanity.htm

Keep in mind that anything 45+/- years old plastic will have some crusty foam inside & the vinyl will be brittle - even with NOS, so beware how you handle them, & don't let any passenger, concours judge &/or others touch them.

If you can't find NOS/excellent used, then there are several vendors on here & others out there selling a good - but not perfect - repro, both the early (no pass. vanity mirror) & late (with mirror/flap & docs pouch on driver) flavors - but some vendors sell one or the other.

IIRC 914Rubber sells repro/resto visors, but I have no idea how close to original looking they are, as does Auto Atlanta - again I've not seen their latest products.

There is one set which I got from Germany +/-2 years ago, that has a close but not perfect match to the original 73 vinyl leatherette, which has the driver pocket & pass. mirror/flap & includes the full set of plastic mounts with chromed steel pins as a set (you can change the pins yourself). I believe that there are now several of the US vendors selling that same set.

Here is a link to their visor set FYI, & look around their site for other 914 repro parts which you might need .....

https://oldtimer-ersatzteile24.de/Sonnenble...uer-Porsche-914

PS -
In PCA judging you won't be judged on originality at the Region & Zone level AFAIK - & certainly not in Zone 8 - but it may perhaps be a tie-breaker issue at Parade for the national level concours. You'll have to check with other concours sponsors for their respective rules on originality.

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
mepstein
I think I still have a pair in almost perfect shape. Soft vinyl and foam. I’ll check on Monday.
KD914
Thanks Tom for the excellent info.! What some of you guys on this site know about 914s is simultaneously amazing and scary! I joke - I think I know some things about the cars, but on here, I realize that I know next to nothing ... BTW, I'm sending you a PM Tom. Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.