Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1971 Porsche 914-6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Retroracer
Spotted on Craigs list:

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/d/1971...6535450248.html

no affiliation

- Tony
Cairo94507
Many things in those pictures.... Would love to see complete photos of the car including all of the know problem areas and enough to prove it is an original Six. I get the whole European model thing, but still, let's see a VIN, COA, etc. Car does look pretty straight though.
rhodyguy
There has to be a catch.
KD914
Are those extra set of giant, in-board lights for better visibility when the snowplow is attached? Very, very clever ...
mountainroads
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Mar 25 2018, 03:58 PM) *

There has to be a catch.

Serious question: What makes you think there has to be a catch? As is, this car is a little rough and won't win any concours/originality awards and there are some "mods" that don't fit my personal tastes, but the basics appear to be there: ignition switch in correct location, tach looks correct for model, battery tray doesn't look too bad from what can be seen and has enough "patina" that it might be original. Hence, hell hole is presumably solid. Couldn't read the digits on the speedo, so perhaps US MPH replacement on a European delivery car. Contact number appears to be private party. No US side markers. Price perhaps optimistic, but not too crazy for a starting point these days. You think priced too low? Curious what your suspicion is because I'd genuinely like to know what I'm missing. (No affiliation, either.)

- MR
BuddyV
I think I know this car.... met the seller a couple of years ago at my house. he has owned this car for a LONG time. Added his own touches...... well before the values started to sky rocket.

Car ran well, but didn't seem like much more grunt than my 2.0 4-cylinder

Cool guy.... older gentleman. tried to get him to join up on World, but i recall hhe doesn't use email

A bit surprised that he is selling. He loved that car
mtndawg
I don't know anything about this car, but it seems to be in the right ball park to start a conversation.
pete000
Seems like a bargain at today's price point...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.