Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heater lever handle color
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
doug_b_928
One of my last Winter jobs before bringing my car out of storage to resume metal work is to restore the heater lever. To that end I purchased a new handle from the dealer because mine is faded. But the color of the dealer's handle looks more burgundy than red. Are the new handles being provided by the dealer, as shown below, incorrect?

Click to view attachment
914Sixer
Dealer knob color seems to be a little dark. Some of the Porsche replacement parts lately do not always seem to be correct. Look at the threads on center caps and emblems.
bdstone914
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Mar 25 2018, 05:44 AM) *

Dealer knob color seems to be a little dark. Some of the Porsche replacement parts lately do not always seem to be correct. Look at the threads on center caps and emblems.

I saw the Sierra Madre knobs and they look to be the same dark red. I suspect Porsche and Uro are getting the knobs from the same supplier. I found the brake light switches to be exactly the same down to the stamping marks on the lever.
914 Rubber makes them too if you really want a correct color. The old ones fade.
mepstein
The old ones polish up nicely on a buffing wheel.
bbrock
Found this thread after having a similar question on knob color. Below is a pic of the 914Rubber knob on the left and my original after polishing with Novus plastic polish on the right. The one on the left looks too bright to me. I think I'll stick with the polished original.

Click to view attachment
Mikey914
Looks like we may have got the wrong plastic last run.
I'll look into this,
Mark
bbrock
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 26 2019, 06:11 PM) *

Looks like we may have got the wrong plastic last run.
I'll look into this,
Mark

Thanks Mark! thumb3d.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 25 2018, 10:44 AM) *

You were polishing your knob? jerkit.gif blink.gif laugh.gif

Well someone has to be the child in the room. av-943.gif
Coondog
Just as long as it matches my other dash board knob then who cares what shade of red it is... blink.gif
bbrock
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Feb 27 2019, 05:19 AM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 25 2018, 10:44 AM) *

You were polishing your knob? jerkit.gif blink.gif laugh.gif

Well someone has to be the child in the room. av-943.gif

I polished mine until it turned red. busted.gif blush.gif

QUOTE(Coondog @ Feb 27 2019, 06:56 AM) *

Just as long as it matches my other dash board knob then who cares what shade of red it is... blink.gif

I don't think I would mind the burgundy one. The bright one is actually brighter than it shows in the pic - looks more like a maraschino cherry. A little too garish against the black console vinyl. I want my car to be pretty without looking like a hooker. smile.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
the new replacement is the incorrect color, you can get some red plastic dye and restore your old one. Screw the new one on, and anyone in the know would know that it is not correct!!

QUOTE(doug_b_928 @ Mar 25 2018, 05:20 AM) *

One of my last Winter jobs before bringing my car out of storage to resume metal work is to restore the heater lever. To that end I purchased a new handle from the dealer because mine is faded. But the color of the dealer's handle looks more burgundy than red. Are the new handles being provided by the dealer, as shown below, incorrect?

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.