Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 75 914 6 conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
dirtfarmer
Lost my son in a car accident 4 years ago . we have a 1975 914 1.8 a lot of parts for conversion 1984 3.2 40,000 original miles chrome bumpers original tranny the car is very clean 85,000 original miles car hell hole solid .I bought everything over 5 years ago... thanks for all the kind words tough time to get through but you have to keep going on with life. I have 17,500 invested in parts conversion parts came from Patrick motorsports.. a few dents and a few paint issues but the car is super solid...contact for more info
dirtfarmer
engine bracket, all engine electronics ,oil tank, flywheels retro chrome bumpers
tygaboy
pm sent.
nine9three
Pm sent.
Cairo94507
Very sorry for your loss. I can't imagine. This is going to be a great deal for someone. GLWTS and BTTT for a nice project.
roblav1
I sent a PM too.
dirtfarmer
sorry farming all day. had a member tell me the car is worth 8000 to 10,000 and the engine is worth between 12 to 16 I have another 2000 in parts from pqtrick motor sports there has been a lot of interest in the car , It has been way more emotional then I thought it would be. the car is in really solid shape, motor is vey low miles . I would love to see the car go to a person who would finish it as my son and I intended to pm back with your offer or if you need more photos thanks for your interest five years ago I when I got car I put rust inhibitor any where there was surface rust that is the black coloring in photos
mepstein
Yes, the engine is at least $12K but 14-16 isn't out of the ballpark for a low milage 3.2
dirtfarmer
looking for a fair offer
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(dirtfarmer @ Mar 30 2018, 07:53 AM) *

looking for a fair offer

Post a price of what you are thinking. I understand this is an emotional process and I don't want to be "that guy", but it is part of the rules to list some sort of price. It would at least give people a general idea of a starting point for negotiations.
dirtfarmer
20,ooo take low number on car and motor car is very solid motor original low miles came out of a front end wreaked 1984 3.2
roblav1
I sent you a PM with my email address. I'm interested but need to know a lot more. What all comes with it?

Thanks,
RL
davehg
This would be a tough project to part with for all of the emotional reasons, but I applaud the owner''s desire to see the car completed and not parted out.

Where in the PNW is the car project? If close to Seattle, I would take a look.

If the engine is as hoped, the body requires light repairs, I think $20k is realistic only if the front suspension and brakes are a 911 5 lug conversion and the rest of the bits are there to bolt up the engine (including oil cooler/tank/lines, motor mounts). Otherwise, add another $4-5k for parts and misc. assuming you do the work yourself.

mepstein
I think its a great deal. $12K for the engine, $8K for the car (that's on the low side for a solid car) and the PMS parts are gravy. I see an oil tank and some other parts. Fantastic base for a conversion.
JeffBowlsby
Considering the nice condition of the chassis and emotions aside, this will turn out better financially for the seller to keep the original engine with the car and sell off the 3.2 with conversion parts separately.
dirtfarmer
not about money , would like to see a picture of it when it is finished. Everything is as represented . Im a Porsche guy , I would finish it myself but I just hurt when I see it everyday . Time to move on and look forward to the picture of the finished car , look out the front window not the rear... beerchug.gif
dirtfarmer
Click to view attachment
dirtfarmer
roblav1 just offered me a 1000 for car and 3500 for engine dush bag should be banned for a Porsche guy I wont forget him his mom hates him
billh1963
QUOTE(dirtfarmer @ Apr 1 2018, 12:01 AM) *

roblav1 just offered me a 1000 for car and 3500 for engine dush bag should be banned for a Porsche guy I wont forget him his mom hates him

Maybe it was an April Fool's joke?
mb911
So to be clear are you asking 17,500 ? If I was in your shoes I would be particularly interested in seeing tygaboy finish this project. He will do it justice.

Glws
roblav1
Something screwy here. I never made any offer. If there's really a seller here, he can go take a hike.

Unless something proves otherwise, my take is that this is a scam.
tygaboy
QUOTE(davehg @ Mar 30 2018, 03:53 PM) *

Where in the PNW is the car project? If close to Seattle, I would take a look.

I had a brief conversation with the seller earlier this week and have been hoping to hear back. I sent another PM this morning. Sounds like he's busy - on top of this being a tough situation for him.

If it's still available, I'll be asking if there's anyone local who could take an in-person look.
JRust
QUOTE(mb911 @ Apr 1 2018, 05:26 AM) *

So to be clear are you asking 17,500 ? If I was in your shoes I would be particularly interested in seeing tygaboy finish this project. He will do it justice.

Glws

No he said 20k later int he thread. Seems reasonable. Guy does seem to be pretty busy. Think he has had plenty of interest. Looks solid overall & I think a buyer will be happy
dirtfarmer
QUOTE(roblav1 @ Apr 1 2018, 09:50 AM) *

Something screwy here. I never made any offer. If there's really a seller here, he can go take a hike.

Unless something proves otherwise, my take is that this is a scam.

sorry it wasn't roblav1 it was another guy Im very sorry it was 918s I hope you accept my mistake
roblav1
Roger all. I understands mistakes. Good luck.
tygaboy
I spoke in more detail with the seller and despite my already existing project, I'm interested... please PM if you can help.

HELP REQUEST: The car is in Kennewick, WA 99338. Is there anyone nearby-ish who could take a look at this in person?

I'd be happy to pay for this service vs 20 hours of driving/toing and hoping for a good outcome!

I'll also post this request in the Garage.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Chris
Mueller
QUOTE(dirtfarmer @ Mar 31 2018, 09:01 PM) *

someone just offered me a 1000 for car and 3500 for engine dush bag should be banned for a Porsche guy I wont forget him his mom hates him

Some people are just @sses ... sorry for your loss, that chassis looks super clean, 100X better than mine that I paid $2000 for.

Good luck with sale and thank you for being an American farmer, I could not think of any other job that is as tough and thankless.

Mike Mueller
Shadowfax
Please don't take this the wrong way or think I'm being insensitive but if you are willing to part with the 911 steering wheel, please let me know. Thanks.
dirtfarmer
QUOTE(Shadowfax @ Apr 2 2018, 10:41 AM) *

Please don't take this the wrong way or think I'm being insensitive but if you are willing to part with the 911 steering wheel, please let me know. Thanks.

yes what is is worth to you I will look it over and send photo
dirtfarmer
QUOTE(Mueller @ Apr 2 2018, 10:32 AM) *

QUOTE(dirtfarmer @ Mar 31 2018, 09:01 PM) *

someone just offered me a 1000 for car and 3500 for engine dush bag should be banned for a Porsche guy I wont forget him his mom hates him

Some people are just @sses ... sorry for your loss, that chassis looks super clean, 100X better than mine that I paid $2000 for.

Good luck with sale and thank you for being an American farmer, I could not think of any other job that is as tough and thankless.

Mike Mueller no farmers no food thanks for the comment

dirtfarmer
QUOTE(dirtfarmer @ Apr 2 2018, 07:28 PM) *

Click to view attachment
Shadowfax
QUOTE(dirtfarmer @ Apr 2 2018, 07:40 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Sending PM.
roblav1
I'm still interested. If I bought it, that steering wheel would be the first thing I'd sell!

But you still need a steering wheel to move the car. Hope you have the original one.

OK, I admitted I'm still interested. I'd need pictures of the inner and outer rocker panels, the firewall, and the rear suspension mounts.

I've a TIG welder and a great spray gun... and am good with them when I want to be.

So far (in the pictures), the chassis appears pretty good. Is there a stock 914/4 engine? Does the 3.2 911 engine turn over by hand?

Since the 911 engine can't go in the chassis without an engine mount welded in, are you willing to ship it separately (which means building a box on a pallet)?

I asked you for additional information to be sent to my email, but nothing heard yet. Due to shipping, perhaps this is a better fit for one of the guys on the west coast?

If this car was within 500 miles of my home, I'd be looking at it with my trailer in tow.

Good luck.
dirtfarmer
QUOTE(roblav1 @ Apr 2 2018, 09:58 PM) *

I'm still interested. If I bought it, that steering wheel would be the first thing I'd sell!

But you still need a steering wheel to move the car. Hope you have the original one.

OK, I admitted I'm still interested. I'd need pictures of the inner and outer rocker panels, the firewall, and the rear suspension mounts.

I've a TIG welder and a great spray gun... and am good with them when I want to be.

So far (in the pictures), the chassis appears pretty good. Is there a stock 914/4 engine? Does the 3.2 911 engine turn over by hand?

Since the 911 engine can't go in the chassis without an engine mount welded in, are you willing to ship it separately (which means building a box on a pallet)?

I asked you for additional information to be sent to my email, but nothing heard yet. Due to shipping, perhaps this is a better fit for one of the guys on the west coast?

If this car was within 500 miles of my home, I'd be looking at it with my trailer in tow.

Good luck.will try to send more photos original steering wheel in car no rot motor turns free and ran when taken out motor low milage can ship on pallet working today but will get more photos

dirtfarmer
QUOTE(dirtfarmer @ Apr 3 2018, 08:43 AM) *

Good luck.will try to send more photos original steering wheel in car no rot motor turns free and ran when taken out motor low milage can ship on pallet working today but will get more photos

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
dirtfarmer
QUOTE(dirtfarmer @ Apr 3 2018, 09:09 AM) *

QUOTE(dirtfarmer @ Apr 3 2018, 08:43 AM) *

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
dirtfarmer
QUOTE(Shadowfax @ Apr 2 2018, 08:05 PM) *

QUOTE(dirtfarmer @ Apr 2 2018, 07:40 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Sending PM.

Click to view attachment
Shadowfax
Sent PM with offer on 911 steering wheel last night. Please let me know if you didn't receive it. Thanks.
dirtfarmer
had a few low ball offers no one has seen personally how clean the car is . $19000 this week or I cover it up and finish it when I retire from farming. rain makes grain
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.