Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cancel Ad- Found Car- WTB 914 73/74 High End Driver
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Super90
Info posted in garage forum as found my 914.
Super90
QUOTE(Super90 @ Mar 30 2018, 10:07 AM) *

Looking to buy a non rusted, high end driver. Non modified from stock if possible; but will consider reasonable upgrades or changes such as Webers, big brakes, and things like that. Complete down to tool kit and books. Documented. Clear title. Would consider all engines but would like a 2.0. NO RED or YELLOW, or SILVER cars please. Prefer one of the BLUE colors, Orange shade, or a Delphi Green; black interior. Re-paints fine as long as well done and high quality. No color change cars. Prefer to deal with OWNERS, not brokers, scam/flippers, or quick buck guys. You must send your name and call back number in the USA with pics and price. You must be able to provide clear battery, hell hole, jack point pics. Will pay price commensurate to quality of car. It will be inspected at my expense prior to any money exchange. No scams please, no baloney please, no A/C cars, NO PROJECTS please. Email me at pinottraveler@gmail.com. Thanks.

Nothing for sale?
JeffBowlsby
You are looking for the cream of the crop 914 and are selective about engine size and color. These don't become available very often frankly, most 914s are drivers and have been modified. Maybe 1-3 cars for sale a year meet your requirements, be prepared for a long patient wait, turn over every rock, chase every lead, and be ready with cash in hand at a moments notice to get on a plane to go inspect it personally.
Super90
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Apr 1 2018, 08:46 PM) *

You are looking for the cream of the crop 914 and are selective about engine size and color. These don't become available very often frankly, most 914s are drivers and have been modified. Maybe 1-3 cars for sale a year meet your requirements, be prepared for a long patient wait, turn over every rock, chase every lead, and be ready with cash in hand at a moments notice to get on a plane to go inspect it personally.

Understand what Im looking for, and thanks Jeff. Been around a long time with P cars - my first E Production car in SCCA in the 80's was a 914 but the 356's dominated...so went racing after second season in a 356. Actually the 14 handled much better with the mid engine and the extra gear was a big help...but the motors just mushroomed out the lifters and the engine went away fast...GCR prohibited a lot of the engine technology in the VW world like roller rockers etc that would have made it a more competitive car. Ran a GT2 914 also..now THAT was a race car!!!!

Cash is at hand. Dog never ate my checkbook in all these decades and I dont need anyone's permission to have what I want. Know full well about PPI's; done some for friends and was bent over the table once for NOT having one done. Nice thing about retirement is I can run off and go see a car...but can be particular still...and patient.

So whats out there? Thanks Y'all. G
914Next
Hey Super...

Where In Ga? I'm in ATL. Jeff's comments are on target...but then you knew that. I had the same goal 3.5 years ago. I got very lucky and found one after about three months but have only seen a couple of really nice original cars go up for sale since then. Most of these cars get sold before ever hitting the "for sale" market. It's just a matter of time, $ and a bit of luck.

Keep icon_bump.gif ing your post and be patient.
Super90
QUOTE(914Next @ Apr 2 2018, 01:38 PM) *

Hey Super...

Where In Ga? I'm in ATL. Jeff's comments are on target...but then you knew that. I had the same goal 3.5 years ago. I got very lucky and found one after about three months but have only seen a couple of really nice original cars go up for sale since then. Most of these cars get sold before ever hitting the "for sale" market. It's just a matter of time, $ and a bit of luck.

Keep icon_bump.gif ing your post and be patient.

Thanks; you seem to know the deal so if you come across something let me know. Buy you dinner at Davio's or Bones. Agreed, the best cars are private off market transactions which are to me always most pleasant as both parties seem to like an easy no bull meet greet transact then dinner of something. I'm in Augusta, often in Gainesville at the lake.

Regards, G
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.