Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: LOST MY ONLY KEY
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
fatlando
Fellas and Fellets.

Had an awesome great party on Saturday and somehow lost my only key to my Teener.

Worst case scenario, What can I do?? Is this a pain?

Fat Lando beer.gif
GWN7
Door key & ignition the same? Doors unlocked? Pull the door handle and take it to a locksmith.
fatlando
QUOTE (GWN7 @ Jun 6 2005, 09:46 AM)
Door key & ignition the same? Doors unlocked? Pull the door handle and take it to a locksmith.

Don't know, i've never locked it, but will look into that.

Thanx

Hows the weather over there?

fat lando
Mueller
Worst case scenario

somebody "finds" the key and steals your car....that would "worst case" I think unsure.gif

GWN7
Wet.....even the ducks are complaining biggrin.gif
Reiche
Lando, if you can't find a locksmith in Bremerton who will cut it for you, try Beacon Locksmith in Gig Harbor. He has a machine that will create a key from the numbers on the pins in the tumbler. Take him the lock from the rear trunk or glove box (if they're the same as the doors/ignition) and he will take it from there.
TROJANMAN
thanks for the reminder. note to self: have spare key made TODAY.
Root_Werks
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Jun 6 2005, 11:38 AM)
thanks for the reminder. note to self: have spare key made TODAY.

agree.gif I think I only have one key for my 914 as well. unsure.gif
Andyrew
I could swear my key was filed down to fit other 914's....

I made a spare and use it now... lol

I really want to try my spare on other 914's and see if it works biggrin.gif

Have a friend who filed down his honda key... went over to a girl from school's honda, started it and moved it to another parking spot. laugh.gif
CptTripps
I bought two blanks from PP last week, and took them to get cut at the local hardware shop. I like to support them, so I thought It'd be a great place to start.

The first pass went fine, then when he did the OTHER side, it jumped out of the jig, and ruined the blank. He wanted to try the other one, I told him I'd rather he didn't. He started to say "Well, I won't charge you for the..." and I interrupted that it was a $13.00 blank that HE had just ruined, and that he was lucky I didn't charge him for it.

Just be careful who makes your spare.
fatlando
HEY PEEPS!!

I found it!! It was behind the coffee pot! How it got there, I don't know....

Now I'm going to make a copy....

Thanx to all for your help and ideas!!

If I find a place in my area I'll let you Pugent Sound cats know.

fat lando wavey.gif
SGB
Har,har,har!!!
behind the coffee pot....
yeah- I'll bet it was a good party!
good fer you! maybe i'll make another copy too! Key shop used to carry the blank- even says Porsche- but last time I checked they didn't have it any more. Guess I'll have to get one o them $100 blanks. dry.gif
smooth_eddy
Hey Fatlando....

If you want to pretend to be a local, you have to be able to spell like one happy11.gif Eddy

If I find a place in my area I'll let you Pugent Sound cats know.

fat lando  
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.