Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Liquid cooled heads--Now on sale!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jwalters
ohmy.gif Oh my gosh, while perusing my aircraft knowledge stuff I went to one of my favorite experimental aviation companies Great Plains Aircraft, and saw these..

http://www.greatplainsas.com/llc1.html

Sorry guys, dry.gif guess the hyperlink did not set--but check them out--with the new advent of super tough all aluminum T1 engine cases, along with billet cranks and all the best equipment for cheap for these engines--these heads would make monstrous power!! No overheating!!! This kind of stuff is really cool!
Mueller
the heads alone are $3,000, so how can you build a supercheap high performance T-I based engine again?? smile.gif

there is another X-class aircraft engine based on the type i or iv motor that has the cylinders AND heads cast in 1 piece...watercooled as well and you'll never, ever have to worry about leaking between the head and and the cylinders....

jwalters
dry.gif I did not say anything about the heads being cheap--but then again--just how much is mr raby going to be asking for his AIRCOOLED billet super heads???

A T1 al case, billet crank & rods, cima P/c set, engle cam,and all the gaskets and bearings would cost only 1000-1200 bucks---add 3k for heads, 300-1k for FI and you have only about 4-5k invested in a very big T1 motor making around 180+++ HP...not bad when you consider the alternatives--of which very few exist and are even more costly than this --

Water cooled heads--wow, I was wondering how long it would be if ever when somebody came out with these--

M-where are pics of that X engine??? Sounds really cool--

J
john rogers
Alternatives, a six. I raced a 200+ HP four for several years and they are not cheap. There is a HUGE difference in tooling around on the street or even an auto-x course but try going full bore for 5 or 6 30 minute full bore race sessions over a weekend and the six's will win out everytime.
sportlicherFahrer
wow. that is some cool shit!
Aaron Cox
anyway of using wasserboxer heads???
jwalters
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jun 6 2005, 02:31 PM)

I have heard of it being done----not sure what all it entails tho--these have been in developement for 5 years--
Mueller
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jun 6 2005, 12:31 PM)

the wasserboxer heads flow water to the cylinders, so you'd have to figure out how to eliminate that...the w/b heads are also Type I cylinder spacing, so no good for a Type IV
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.