Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reverse Light Switch Connector
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Matt Meyer
What size are the pins that connect wires to the reverse light switch?

Someone once posted the connector to buy at Radio Shack. I am planning to stop by RS today on the way home from work.

I know I've seen this posted before and I have searched but can not find the thread that answers my question.

Thank you,
Matt Meyer
ArtechnikA
they're like hen's teeth and nothing domestic is a perfect fit. test lead 'banana' pins could probably be made to work if you could find a way to compress and make them a bit wider.

when i needed a set (car came with bare wire hanging in the general viscinity of the backup switch...) Jeff Bowlsby found me a pair. i don't know where he got them, i don't know if he has more - but he helped me out (thanks again Jeff!) and it's where i'd start looking if i needed more...
elocke
I found this at a local FLAPS. It was still slightly loose so I squished it a little with pliers.
Ed
Cap'n Krusty
I have them used. If you can solder them, I'll send you a couple for 3 bucks. This covers my cost, my effort, and the postage. Offer good until I run out. The Cap'n
Matt Meyer
Thanks guys.

Not many questions to ask anymore. I have been finding answers for my questions via search.

I hadn't thought about Mr. Bowlsby. What I really need to do is replace the harness as the wire just broke off at the pin. The harness is so brittle it will be hard to strip the insulation without braking the wire.

I was thinking I would make a harness, but after you mentioned Mr. Bowlsby I checked his website.
http://members.rennlist.com/914_wiring_harnesses.

He has them for $195 including core charge. Ouch. But I am sure they are of the highest quality and a good value.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.