Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just bought my first 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Don911
Hello everyone!
I'm very excited about my first Porsche 914 purchase! I found it on Rennlist and doing research on the car led me to 914 World...great place smile.gif

The car is a 1975 Nepal Orange with 84k miles. The car is currently located in Sherwood, WI, but only driven in the summer season and in the dry (wipers aren't even attached.) My girlfriend and I were going to fly up and drive it back to Charleston, SC, but a transporter was able to get it delivered this Saturday for less than we could go get it. Considering the current winter storm warning we thought enclosed delivery would be a good idea smile.gif

Naturally, I'll be using 914 World as a resource, but I'm all ears for additional resources, especially parts. It needs the engine grill Porsche lettering...I found a genuine badge on eBay for $180. Where else should I look?

Also, I have an additional top for the car that needs to be refurbished and do a hardware transfer from the original top. A previous owner put a plexiglass smoked sunroof in the original sad.gif
JOEPROPER
Wow!!! Looks great!!! welcome.png
ndfrigi
Congratulation for that beautiful car! Search well here before buying parts or post WTB (want to buy) on the classified forum page when you are looking for a parts.
LowBridge
welcome.png .. well done and you're going to enjoy the hell out of these cars. small sugestion.. don't start any posts asking what size tire everyone uses av-943.gif
914_7T3
Beauty!

welcome.png

Engine Decklid letters can be purschased directly from Porsche.

Sunset Porsche in Beaverton, OR offers them at discounted prices

https://www.sunsetporscheparts.com/oem-part...nia-90155930123

jrblackbox
NICE SCORE!
Like that steering wheel too!
welcome.png
mepstein
welcome.png
Coondog
Congrats and welcome, that’s one beautiful 914
Don911
Thanks everyone! Sooo looking forward to my first adventure into vintage Porsche ownership. I have a '68 bug and a 2006 Carrera S daily driver/track monster.
jor
Wonderful purchase -- that orange is so, so nice!
Dion
welcome.png Very nice! Cool steering wheel. Good luck with it.
Tom_T
Nice find! first.gif

Hopefully you also got all the documentation, service records, etc. from day one from the PO, & window sticker & dealer invoice if still with him/her too. On one this nice, I'd also suggest that you get a COA from PCNA, unless that came with the documents.

Is it a 1.8L or 2.0L? confused24.gif

I ask, because the center console could be optioned on either or added later, so before well meaning somebody chimes in - that is not the test, nor is a badge, nor even the 2.0 sitting in the engine bay - since that too could've been an upgrade over the past 43+ years.

welcome.png

Have Fun! driving.gif driving-girl.gif beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
76-914
Unless your hood is already drilled out for a badge, leave it be. That was a US dealer add on. welcome.png
fishgeckos
Looks great. It will be exciting for you when delivery arrives. Enjoy!
billh1963
Glad to have another 914 in South Carolina!

With a rebuilt 1.8 and carbs the car should scoot on down the road fairly nicely.
burton73
83,000 miles and it looks super.

Enjoy the hell out of your car.

Welcome to the World

Bob B welcome.png
Lucky9146
QUOTE(76-914 @ Apr 3 2018, 11:13 AM) *

Unless your hood is already drilled out for a badge, leave it be. That was a US dealer add on. welcome.png

Agree on the hood badge and wish mine wasn't drilled and installed. They all came from the factory without one is my understanding.
Looks like a great looking car! Nice score! Congrats! beerchug.gif
white914.jpg
welcome.png
sb914
Nice car! Let's see some pics of the "plexiglass top "
If you don't want it ,I may be interested. welcome.png
dr914@autoatlanta.com
yes very beautiful car. Hope that you did not mean a porsche hood badge! No 914 ever had one so you do not to drill that perfect hood and install one!

The engine lid letters on the car were originally plastic chrome, but all that Porsche now makes are anodized dull looking silver metal ones. We are almost out with our steel chrome ones, as they are more correct.

would love to see more pics of the car
cconcepcion
Welcome to the World!
Shadowfax
welcome.png
Big Len
Nice e ride, best of luck !
EdwardBlume
welcome.png welcome.png welcome.png

Don911
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Apr 3 2018, 02:10 PM) *

Hopefully you also got all the documentation, service records, etc. from day one from the PO, & window sticker & dealer invoice if still with him/her too. On one this nice, I'd also suggest that you get a COA from PCNA, unless that came with the documents.

Is it a 1.8L or 2.0L? confused24.gif

///////

Tom - It is a 1.8. He is providing a lot of documentation including owners manual and original bill of sale, but no window sticker that I'm aware of. Not looking for hood badge rather the PORSCHE lettering on engine grill.

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Apr 3 2018, 02:29 PM) *

With a rebuilt 1.8 and carbs the car should scoot on down the road fairly nicely.

It has had a rebuild with an upgraded cam and carbs. How'd you know? smile.gif
Don911
No to the hood badge....looking for engine grill lettering. Found OEM gold on eBay for $180. I'll check Suncoast and others to see what they say. Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm already liking it here!

I will post pics of the delivery, first cars and coffee, track day, etc... smile.gif

I started the local Cars & Coffee and I have an HPDE side business. I'm slightly addicted to our culture.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
and that tornado mirror has to go and be replaced by the original factory stainless. Hate to say it, but we sold it to the previous owner of your car!!!!! (way back then along with those rear update kits!) (how could I?)
aharder
welcome.png nice looking car !!
Don911
QUOTE(sb914 @ Apr 3 2018, 03:31 PM) *

Nice car! Let's see some pics of the "plexiglass top "
If you don't want it ,I may be interested. welcome.png

This is the picture with the molested top and additional set of wheels Click to view attachment
billh1963
QUOTE(Don911 @ Apr 3 2018, 05:11 PM) *

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Apr 3 2018, 02:29 PM) *

It has had a rebuild with an upgraded cam and carbs. How'd you know? smile.gif

I looked at the ad on Rennlist happy11.gif
mbseto
"my first 914"

First step is acknowledging...

Welcome!
Don911
QUOTE(mbseto @ Apr 3 2018, 05:31 PM) *

"my first 914"

First step is acknowledging...

Welcome!

We haven't taken delivery and my girlfriend wants examples in several of her favorite colors. First being Irish Green like she saw at the Porsche Werks Reunion on Amelia Island a few weeks ago. smile.gif
Betty
welcome.png

Now THAT's a beautiful car! More pictures once you get it?!?!?!?!

Also, how about some pictures of the Bug and the fire breathing daily driver/track monster too?

Okteenerfest will be this September... it's an incredible event - you shouldn't miss it! first.gif cheer.gif aktion035.gif
Don911
QUOTE(Betty @ Apr 3 2018, 05:46 PM) *

welcome.png

Now THAT's a beautiful car! More pictures once you get it?!?!?!?!

Also, how about some pictures of the Bug and the fire breathing daily driver/track monster too?

Okteenerfest will be this September... it's an incredible event - you shouldn't miss it! first.gif cheer.gif aktion035.gif

I need to know more about Okteenerfest!!

daytona
Welcome and congratulations on your first 914 Don911. Notice I said first; it is difficult to have only one.
Hope you enjoy it and post lots of pics.
Be well.
Bill.
poorsche914
QUOTE(Don911 @ Apr 3 2018, 05:55 PM) *
I need to know more about Okteenerfest!!

Okteenerfest forum thread

Okteenerfest web site

Okteenerfest Facebook page

QUOTE(Don911 @ Apr 3 2018, 05:55 PM) *
... my girlfriend wants examples in several of her favorite colors. First being Irish Green ...

I will have a '73 Irish Green 2.0 for sale in a few weeks happy11.gif

driving.gif
Larmo63
welcome.png

Love the car!!!

I'd hold off on a hood badge, get the stock mirrors back on it, and maybe look for some alloy wheels, Fuchs, Mahles, or Pedrinis.

Welcome to our madness.
914_7T3
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Apr 3 2018, 09:32 PM) *

welcome.png

Love he car!!!

I'd hold off on a hood badge, get the stock mirrors back on it, and maybe look for some alloy wheels, Fuchs, Mahles, or Pedrinis.

Welcome to our madness.

What’s wrong with the mirrors?

confused24.gif
whitetwinturbo
aktion035.gif wub.gif aktion035.gif
Maltese Falcon
welcome.png that's a clean machine !
I have a couple of 914 roofs...the freight from SoCal might be more than the top is worth biggrin.gif
If you need to buy another top; lots of East coast guys on board here can hook it up...put a want-to-buy ad in the classifieds.
Porschef
Looks very similar to my car, minus the stripe. FYI, Nepal Orange is the best 914 color... happy11.gif

Congrats beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
billh1963
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Apr 4 2018, 01:53 AM) *

I have a couple of 914 roofs...the freight from SoCal might be more than the top is worth biggrin.gif
If you need to buy another top; lots of East coast guys on board here can hook it up...put a want-to-buy ad in the classifieds.

I've got a half dozen laying around. He can have one!
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Apr 4 2018, 07:03 AM) *

welcome.png

Great to see another one here in sc!

I am in Bluffton and there are now 4 others locally , a couple that come to our cars and coffee- come down for that and our PCA group get together!

Phil
Don911
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Apr 4 2018, 08:39 AM) *

I am in Bluffton and there are now 4 others locally , a couple that come to our cars and coffee- come down for that and our PCA group get together!

Phil

Sounds great! I started C&C here in Charleston and we hold it every Saturday. When is your next one? I'll try to get a group from Charleston to come down do C&C, lunch and maybe a drive out to your islands. Love the Shrimp Shack!
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Don911 @ Apr 4 2018, 08:59 AM) *

QUOTE(Philip W. @ Apr 4 2018, 08:39 AM) *

Phil

Sounds great! I started C&C here in Charleston and we hold it every Saturday. When is your next one? I'll try to get a group from Charleston to come down do C&C, lunch and maybe a drive out to your islands. Love the Shrimp Shack!

Saturday the 21st- USCB university parking lot 8-11am
Facebook is carsandcoffeehhi.com
KELTY360
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Apr 4 2018, 04:03 AM) *

laugh.gif Yeah, on the East Coast, 914s rust out underneath the fiberglass tops. sad.gif

Nice car! Welcome to the World.
Don911
Delivery pictures! The car is fantastic. Buying from Porsche owners is always a great experience. I love the picture of Angela learning to drive a stick shift in it. smile.gif
krazykonrad
welcome.png
Glad you’re here!
Larmo63
Wow, that car looks nice.
sb914
Car looks great ! The wife looks happy that's always good for later when buying parts ! Thanks
Betty
That's AWESOME that the car arrived and is so great! smilie_pokal.gif

It's extra awesome that Angela looks so happy learning to drive it. Once she's proficient and has figured out just how much freaking fun they are - then the fun arguments of "Let's take the 914 - I'll drive. driving.gif No you got to drive it last time it's my turn to drive driving-girl.gif " begin. lol-2.gif

Slippery slope man... slippery slope. What did you say her favorite 914 color was - Irish green? Hmm, Irish green sitting next to that beautiful orange would look pretty sweet.... happy11.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.