Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: [1971] rear view mirror base
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Abeck914
Hi all,

I'm just trying to attach the mirror that I have [I have mirror part no. 914-731-014-12-M100 and need the base, can't find one on any of the parts websites so I'm here.

Thanks in advance,

Aaron
Tom_T
I don't think that they ever offere the mirror separate from the base, & the p/n would relate to the whole unit (download the FREE Porsche 914 PET Parts manual at Porsche > Classic > Documents).

So you probably will want to modify your ad to find a complete unit, & you can try Bruce Stone/bdstone on here, HPH in Redwood City CA, & other members classifieds on here, evil-bay, TheSamba, etc.

You can also get them new from Porsche or any of their vendors (smae as used on 911/912/930 of that era).

You'll also want to get a couple of the 3M double-stick mounting pads - so you have a spare in the glovebox), which are $5-10 each & still sold by Porsche, dealers, vendors, etc. (also same as 911 etc.).

PS - The mirror is essentially the same for all 914 MYs & on all 911/912/912E/930 up to the late `80's or so, even if shown with different p/n's relating to those models.

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
mepstein
The early mirrors are different (narrower) than mid year or late 914’s. More expensive too. Also used on 6’s. I don’t think they were ever on 911’s but not positive. Ask Garold or Bdstone. Someone parting an early car might have one.
Abeck914
Thanks for the polite and helpful responses!

I'm shying away from buying a new mirror, aka spending $200 for all parts with pads and shipped. ..because I already have a mirror is my logic.

I was planning on getting 4 pads, because I read on this site that using two works better, if thats really true confused24.gif

I also located a base only on pelican and stoddard, but that round base has a square/rectangle slide that just doesn't look like the early mirror will slide into to me?? I was hoping to find a parted out base is how I ended up here, and there was one for sale for $1 3 weeks ago so its hopeful.

I'm kind of debating on trying to trial and error putting 2 mirror pads on the mirror arm/stem itself skipping the base altogether. I'll probably sit on that idea for a couple days thought to see if some kind of common sense knocks that idea out my head.

Off to contact the other gentleman now, thanks again,

- Aaron

bdstone914
I do not have one.
Lightweight_911
The mirror won't stay in place without the base - you need it for the much larger contact area it provides.

Your best bet is to buy another (complete) 'donor' mirror assembly* where the mirror itself is in poor condition - these often appear for <$25. Then cannibalise it for the base.

* Although the mirror 'head' is different between early & late versions, I'm fairly sure the arm & base are the same for all 914 model years.
Abeck914
QUOTE(Lightweight_911 @ Apr 4 2018, 01:26 AM) *

The mirror won't stay in place without the base - you need it for the much larger contact area it provides.

Your best bet is to buy another (complete) 'donor' mirror assembly* where the mirror itself is in poor condition - these often appear for <$25. Then cannibalise it for the base.

* Although the mirror 'head' is different between early & late versions, I'm fairly sure the arm & base are the same for all 914 model years.

Oh, good info, ok - Thank you

thanks bruce for responding also

- Aaron
DLewis
You just need the base? Or the arm, too?
I have a base you can have.
Dean
Abeck914
just the base! beer.gif

- aaron

QUOTE(DLewis @ Apr 4 2018, 10:35 AM) *

You just need the base? Or the arm, too?
I have a base you can have.
Dean

DLewis
Give me a day or two to find it.
Send me your address.
Dean
Abeck914
will PM you. send me a bill to cover the reasonable part value to you, your time, and shipping, or offer another preferred means of compensation please.

Aaron

QUOTE(DLewis @ Apr 4 2018, 01:19 PM) *

Give me a day or two to find it.
Send me your address.
Dean

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.