Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: odometer/trip meter cable connection.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DougC
I'll be installing the vents for an A/C system and I noticed over the weekend that the cable from the odometer terminates at the bottom of the dash frame (knee pad has been removed). It ends there and a small stub type thing (bolt?) protrudes below the dash frame. My question is this.. should this be relocated somewhere or should I try to fihure out where it will meet the Vent unit and drill a hole to accomodate it? The bottom surface of the dash frame is not smooth because of this.

Doug C
914GT
If you want to reset your trip odometer you just need to put it where you can reach it.
SGB
Does it work? Mine won't really zero the trip meter, since the last set of numbers is always at least 1/2 off at best. It just seems to roll over every other time when I spin the rest through - 55(half a five), 66(half a five), 77(half a six), 88(half a six), 99(half a seven), etc. So basically, i never mess with it. You certainly don't have to leave it.
DougC
Oh, that's the reset button? I had no idea, I'm such an idiot.. thanks.

Doug C
tracks914
It should have a 1 cm x 1 cm knurled knob on the end of it in order to rotate it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.