Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT what to do in Cleveland 4/ 11 from 9-4?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mb911
I have a dinner I must attend on the 11th but fly in at 8:30 in the morning.. Any suggestions?
Tom_T
QUOTE(mb911 @ Apr 4 2018, 10:26 AM) *

I have a dinner I must attend on the 11th but fly in at 8:30 in the morning.. Any suggestions?

Ben, go visit the Rock Museum!
beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
mb911
That sounds like an option.. No world members close by to have lunch with?
bdstone914
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Apr 4 2018, 11:41 AM) *

QUOTE(mb911 @ Apr 4 2018, 10:26 AM) *

Ben, go visit the Rock Museum!
beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

They have a museum for rocks ? Sounds boring.
av-943.gif
Dr Evil
Stoddard is up there. I know there are folks up that way, I saw them at the swap last year and some are customers of mine.
mb911
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Apr 5 2018, 06:03 AM) *

Stoddard is up there. I know there are folks up that way, I saw them at the swap last year and some are customers of mine.

Stoddard would be fun
GeorgeRud
Other than the Rock-n-Roll Museum, can’t think of many sites in Cleveland that are a can’t miss. Though I haven’t been there for many years, Stoddard was certainly a nice stop and not too long a drive from Cleveland.
North Coast Jim
QUOTE(mb911 @ Apr 4 2018, 02:26 PM) *

There's a couple of us out on the far west side. I own the 914 World Calendar month of April car a '74 2L Bahia Red. Will be reinstalling the gauges after having them rebuilt over the Winter on or about the 11th. There is also another '73 2L White undergoing reassembly at the moment. Both of us are West of town about an hour from the airport. Checked my schedule on the 11th and am to pick up my new aluminum trailer that day. Sorry.

Checked the Indians schedule and they're playing Detroit in a late game. Also checked House of Blues and they do have anyone scheduled that day.

The Rock Hall is AWESOME for those so inclined musically that is. Plenty of Restaurants to pick from once your downtown.

Would love to show you the car. I'm in Port Clinton 50 minutes West from the airport. What is the rest of your schedule ???
mb911
QUOTE(North Coast Jim @ Apr 6 2018, 05:48 AM) *

There's a couple of us out on the far west side. I own the 914 World Calendar month of April car a '74 2L Bahia Red. Will be reinstalling the gauges after having them rebuilt over the Winter on or about the 11th. There is also another '73 2L White undergoing reassembly at the moment. Both of us are West of town about an hour from the airport. Checked my schedule on the 11th and am to pick up my new aluminum trailer that day. Sorry.

Checked the Indians schedule and they're playing Detroit in a late game. Also checked House of Blues and they do have anyone scheduled that day.

The Rock Hall is AWESOME for those so inclined musically that is. Plenty of Restaurants to pick from once your downtown.

Would love to show you the car. I'm in Port Clinton 50 minutes West from the airport. What is the rest of your schedule ???

Thursday unfortunately I am at Lincoln electric for the whole day then fly out that evening. So just Wednesday is semi open.
Spoke
what to do in Cleveland 4/ 11 from 9-4?

Stay inside with the doors locked and stay away from the windows.

Just kidding. Sorry, I'm from Pittsburgh.
jkb944t
Ben, I would also suggest the Rock-n-Roll Museum which is well worth seeing. It has been a few years since I was at the Crawford Auto Aviation Collection but it was very interesting and is car related.

Lots of excellent eating areas too like Pier W in Lakewood and Fahrenheit and others in the Tremont section of Cleveland.

Jeff B
ejm
The R&R Hall of Fame is very good. It's not a shrine to megabands but follows the history of musicians and music. A two minute walk east of the HOF there is a WW2 submarine on display. It's only open for tours in spring or summer but I got lucky and spent over an hour wandering around inside. Just past the sub is the terminal for the Burke Lakefront Airport which is home to the International Woman's Air and Space Museum. It's free and has exhibits throughout the terminal including this console from NASA's Mission Control in Houston that was used on Apollo and Shuttle flights.
Click to view attachment
North Coast Jim
QUOTE(mb911 @ Apr 6 2018, 10:52 AM) *

QUOTE(North Coast Jim @ Apr 6 2018, 05:48 AM) *

Thursday unfortunately I am at Lincoln electric for the whole day then fly out that evening. So just Wednesday is semi open.

Say Hello to Kyle Smith for me if he's presenting. Jim Pilny here
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.