Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anything Porsche-related to see in San Francisco in May?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
db9146
My wife and I are taking our 18 and 20y.o. kids and her parents and heading out to Yosemite for 3-4 days and then back to SF for 3 more days vacation in May. I was just wondering if there is anything Porsche-related that my son and I need to hit while we're out that way?

I've been to SF a number of times but Porsche stuff hasn't been on the radar. Now when I've been to the LA area, that was a different story. I drove my first 914-6 when I dropped by Otto's many years ago!
Tom_T
db,

Try looking at the various Zone 7 Regions' Events schedules on their websites, for things on the dates you'll be there:

https://www.pca.org/region-directory?field_zone_tid=456

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Retroracer
I strongly recommend you reach out to Canepa in Scott's Valley if you're in the area. They do their official "cars and coffee" occasionally, but if you phone them in advance, you can set up a visit to see the museum and check out what cars they are working on in the shop below.

Not just a Porsche experience - but they usually have a minimum of 3 959's in the shop, plus the 917 in the museum, the 935's, etc. Last year they had a real Sport Quattro and an RS200 in the shop side-by-side. Not to be missed!

- Tony
markhoward
EASY Meet in Emeryville on the first Saturday of the month. EASY closed down at the end of Feb but the monthly meet is supposed to continue. March was cancelled but hopefully we will know the plan forward this weekend.
Dave_Darling
Not a lot of GGR events that I can see. There's a concours out in Livermore on the 6th, but that's a bit of a drive from the City. There's a DE in Buttonwillow on the 19th, but that's quite a number of hours drive away. There is an autoX at Alameda on the 26th, which sounds promising!

LPR has a Mother's Day Brunch thing on the 13th. Their calendar also lists CRAB, which is a big multi-event long-weekend thing up around Sacramento, on the 18th-20th. The 20th also has an autoX up at the Santa Rosa airport (interesting venue!), and the 21st has one down at the Marina airport near Monterey. There's also an Indy 500 watching party on the 27th at Moffett Field in Mountain View.

In addition to Canepa in Scotts Valley, you'd be remiss if you didn't stop in to High Performance House in Redwood City. Rich supposedly has more 914 stuff there than George has at AA! I haven't seen AA, but I know Rich has a three-story warehouse packed to the gills plus a parking lot that's 4-8 feet deep in parts and cars....

--DD
porschetub
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Apr 6 2018, 12:05 PM) *

Not a lot of GGR events that I can see. There's a concours out in Livermore on the 6th, but that's a bit of a drive from the City. There's a DE in Buttonwillow on the 19th, but that's quite a number of hours drive away. There is an autoX at Alameda on the 26th, which sounds promising!

LPR has a Mother's Day Brunch thing on the 13th. Their calendar also lists CRAB, which is a big multi-event long-weekend thing up around Sacramento, on the 18th-20th. The 20th also has an autoX up at the Santa Rosa airport (interesting venue!), and the 21st has one down at the Marina airport near Monterey. There's also an Indy 500 watching party on the 27th at Moffett Field in Mountain View.

In addition to Canepa in Scotts Valley, you'd be remiss if you didn't stop in to High Performance House in Redwood City. Rich supposedly has more 914 stuff there than George has at AA! I haven't seen AA, but I know Rich has a three-story warehouse packed to the gills plus a parking lot that's 4-8 feet deep in parts and cars....

--DD

HPH may do but many may have seen the prices !!!!,didn't they not so long ago ebay 914 Fuch's wheels caps for $800 + on a listing.
Reminds me of the rise in prices for ANY early 911 cars ,folks with rusty ,shi#ty,worn out parts came out of the woodwork to address the value of parts cause these cars were worth more.
Honestly it will be a while before the 914 parts reach this level ,shame how some see this early and charge accordingly for parts they bought years ago for peanuts.
Would love to go to Canepa and see some unreal cars,sounds like it is well worth it.
db9146
Thanks for all the input. Canepa is a great idea.
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(porschetub @ Apr 5 2018, 06:40 PM) *

HPH may do but many may have seen the prices !!!!

I recommended visiting there. Not buying their inventory as a retirement fund... wink.gif

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.