Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: turn signal repairs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Biggles
can anyone on here recommend someone to restore turn signal and wash/wipe stalks ?

mine's a -6 and the indicator is starting to get very 'notchy' and sometimes doesn't work. Like to save it before something breaks.

thanks.
Rleog
In America, turn signal lever.

In England, indicator lever.

(Hopefully more responses)
beech4rd
Yes, two peoples separated by a common language. You might check out the bird site- Pelican Parts-your turn signal switch is also used on the 911. I found good info there when my 1975 -911 switch started playing up. It may just be a lubrication problem. Take off the steering wheel and spray the switches with WD.40 or a similar lubricant and see if that makes them operate more easily. I've used a light coat of Vaseline on mine and it worked wonders.
mepstein
WD-40 is a water displacement fluid. It makes a poor lubricant. There are lubricants for electronics if that is what you need.
sholman5
The bird site. Not women. It's cars.
ClayPerrine
The early 911/914/6 switches are NLA. You have to buy the later ones.

I found a spare set at a swap meet. The guy right behind me wanted them too, and for the same reason.

Biggles
Cheers guys for the correction for your side of The Pond.

i have seen these available but at $1000 ! And who's to say they'd work anyway.

Yeap def not WD40. White grease would be better, but it's not that. it's 40 years of use which grease wont solve.

I'll have a look at Pelican, but if anyone else knows, please advise.

Cheers.
Mikey914
The question is how many need them. As always, I could reproduce these, or perhaps a repair kit? Just saying. biggrin.gif
mgphoto
The spray to use is Deoxit, used in electronics, removes oxidation from contacts and leaves a lubricant, pricey but lasts a long long time.
rudedude
I know the one in my 911 is on its last legs and i'm sure there would be plenty of other 911s in need
porschetub
QUOTE(Biggles @ Apr 8 2018, 12:35 AM) *

Cheers guys for the correction for your side of The Pond.

i have seen these available but at $1000 ! And who's to say they'd work anyway.

Yeap def not WD40. White grease would be better, but it's not that. it's 40 years of use which grease wont solve.

I'll have a look at Pelican, but if anyone else knows, please advise.

Cheers.

Check the Samba.com have seen a few on there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.