Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Swivel Feet on Stainless Valves
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pilothyer
When using Porsche swivel feet adjusters on stainless valves along with the steel pushrods, how should the adjusters feet be positioned on the valves? Should they be directly centered with the contact surface of the valves or should they be offset a tad?

mgphoto
No offset, maximum engagement, swivel adjuster will rotate the valve. Stock adjusters are offset to cause valve rotation. Zero lash with the steel push rods, I have the adjuster engage the valve tip, but I make sure the swivel foot rotates
pilothyer
QUOTE(mgphoto @ Apr 7 2018, 05:00 PM) *

No offset, maximum engagement, swivel adjuster will rotate the valve. Stock adjusters are offset to cause valve rotation. Zero lash with the steel push rods, I have the adjuster engage the valve tip, but I make sure the swivel foot rotates

Thank You for your input, I would ask this, Is the consensus of "the collective" on this matter? Or are there other opinions?
Dave_Darling
I don't think there's anything specific to the swivel adjusters that will rotate the valves. If they're offset, the valves will be rotated. (You want them to rotate in order to even out hot spots and wear!)

Any idea if there is an offset in the 911?

--DD
McMark
The only variable in how the swivel foot contacts the valve tip is 'tuned' when you measure and cut the pushrods to length. Search for 'valvetrain geometry' here and in general on Google. There's no adjustment necessary 'left or right'.
Mark Henry
It doesn't matter if the adjuster is dead center.
The adjuster doesn't spin the valve, the twisting/wrapping action of the spring working does that.

A stock valve the keeper allows the valve to spin, but high performance guys for decades have been grinding keepers to increase clamping force of the keeper. Since the valve/keeper no longer spins the twisting action makes the spring itself rotate, why it's important to run at least one steel shim under each spring.
Dave_Darling
I did not know that, thanks!!! smile.gif

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.