Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gauge Bezel Facelift for Free (almost)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
v82go
(Excuse the poor photos)
With your little angle air grinder and a scotchbrite pad > I found you can knock off the black paint on you guage bezels (they are aluminum and if you want get anal I am shure they would polish. I did mine in a hour or so to a semi polished look. You
just have to be real careful around the faces (you could choose to do the outer ring and the front, but not the inner section. The nice thing is after all is done and you
decide you don't like it > alittle rattle can paint and some tape will cure it.

Shure beats $100 for aftermarket

Have fun Bob
v82go

AFTER
JWest
They are actually steel, not aluminum, so you might want to get some clear on them before they rust.
double-a
rust? whaddaya talkin about?? confused24.gif confused24.gif biggrin.gif

~a
Dr Evil
Damnit. James beat me to it. They are steel and will rust if you do not clear coat them. I had experemented with this earlier and found this to be true. Nice job, though. I like.
StratPlayer
If ya don't want to go through all that hassle this is where I got my gauge trim rings. I was amazed at how fast they shipped them to me. I also got the trim rings for the center console and gauge pod cht gauge from this vendor.

http://www.edv-schreiber.at/cupsport/index.php?l=en
Aaron Cox
kinda pricey sad.gif
redshift
Yes, pricey for Aaron..

wink.gif

FREE minus shipping.

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.