Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pilot bearing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
shane
Hi all, trying to install my flywheel and after driving in a new pilot bearing it's pretty flush on both sides of the flywheel no room for a felt washer. Is it simply pelican sent me the wrong pilot bearing? Or I'm confusing something? Rookie mistake I throw my old bearing away so I didn't match it up. Would send pics but having trouble with that also mad.gif thank you in advance for your expertise. Bearing #HK1512
mgphoto
That is the correct bearing, needs to be pushed in far enough to accommodate the felt ring which needs a bit of oil, bearing needs some grease.
shane
To make a little room for the felt washer the front sticks out a bit. It shows it flush in some of the installations I've seen. Is that normal?Click to view attachment
shane
If the pic is to small I can take a close up. lol-2.gif I guess another question is how to make the pics a bit smaller? Thanks again in advance.
BENBRO02
QUOTE(shane @ Apr 7 2018, 10:01 PM) *

If the pic is to small I can take a close up. lol-2.gif I guess another question is how to make the pics a bit smaller? Thanks again in advance.

If the file sizes of the pictures are too big then I email them to myself and it gives the option to reduce them.
shane
Cool thanks
shane
QUOTE(mgphoto @ Apr 7 2018, 02:49 PM) *

That is the correct bearing, needs to be pushed in far enough to accommodate the felt ring which needs a bit of oil, bearing needs some grease.

Great thanks
Montreal914
From Haynes repair manual:

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.