Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Route 66 Award Idea
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
michael7810
So today while walking with my wife I found this and had to bring it home. Something about it was calling my name and after I got it home and was studying it I noticed the sixes and got a wild idea that this could be an award at the Rt 66 event. Am I crazy?

Click to view attachment

Help me name that award:

1- Road Kill
2- FORD NARP (found on roadside dead)
3- JRust (sorry Jamie, but the first time I met you was the time the spark plug blew out of your creamsicle tribute)
???

Possible voting to follow.

JRust
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Apr 7 2018, 04:39 PM) *

3- JRust (sorry Jamie, but the first time I met you was the time the spark plug blew out of your creamsicle tribute)
???

I don't know about the award but man does that bring back memories. Talk about a shit show. It go better when I went to get he dye to chase the threads. Without realizing it had a time cert which had come out with the spark plug. Then the damn dye fell right through the spark plug hole which was larger than my dye headbang.gif . What was more amazing was the fact I got it out with a magnet. Without needing to pull the motor & head WTF.gif . Yeah that was a route 66 that I won't ever forget
76-914
QUOTE(JRust @ Apr 7 2018, 05:32 PM) *

QUOTE(michael7810 @ Apr 7 2018, 04:39 PM) *

???

I don't know about the award but man does that bring back memories. Talk about a shit show. It go better when I went to get he dye to chase the threads. Without realizing it had a time cert which had come out with the spark plug. Then the damn dye fell right through the spark plug hole which was larger than my dye headbang.gif . What was more amazing was the fact I got it out with a magnet. Without needing to pull the motor & head WTF.gif . Yeah that was a route 66 that I won't ever forget

Add this to Jamies above account. The engine was "HOT", the Sun was hot and it was in Bull Head City, AZ.I fiddle sheeplove.gif with it for 5 mins before professing that any attempts to remove the Heli-Coil from the cylinder would be futile. I was shocked to find you managed regardless my warnings. av-943.gif This wasn't some piece of metal that you could snag with a mirror and pull out. I was the same size as the hole unless you could hold the Heli-coil against the hole while turning it to thread it out of the cylinder. I'm still amazed when I think about it. beerchug.gif
Elliot Cannon
I'll bring a couple survival key fobs as door prizes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.