Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 "itis" - the never ending joke lives on
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott S
I fully blame the pictures below on the fact that this car was parked next to my 914 for 7-8 years.

I am now worried the 356 is a carrier of 914itis and the disease will continue to spread. I even told the kids to make sure there bikes were not parked to close if they had any thoughts of riding them in the near future!

The sad part is having this car up on jack stands makes me miss my 914!!
beerchug.gif
Scott S
All four.. sigh.....
worn
QUOTE(Scott S @ Apr 8 2018, 11:45 AM) *

I fully blame the pictures below on the fact that this car was parked next to my 914 for 7-8 years.

I am now worried the 356 is a carrier of 914itis and the disease will continue to spread. I even told the kids to make sure there bikes were not parked to close if they had any thoughts of riding them in the near future!

beerchug.gif

I suspect that is contagious. Both of my 914s run, but I have been tempted to take the motor out of the 2056 to stop oil leaks.

BTW where is the 914? Should be right next to the silver car.
mepstein
What a great car to have in the garage. smilie_pokal.gif
Elliot Cannon
Fix it. Get if off the stands. Sell it. Buy another 914. No problem. biggrin.gif
aharder
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 8 2018, 03:19 PM) *

Fix it. Get if off the stands. Sell it. Buy another 914. No problem. biggrin.gif

agree.gif Call a Doctor, get it to the Hospital poke.gif
Ed_Turbo
Nice little project.

DON’T SELL IT. w00t.gif

All depends how much it means to you unless someone wants to trade a 914-6 GT or LE then I would go for it laugh.gif

-Ed
Scott S
QUOTE(worn @ Apr 8 2018, 12:57 PM) *

beerchug.gif

I suspect that is contagious. Both of my 914s run, but I have been tempted to take the motor out of the 2056 to stop oil leaks.

914 was sold, replaced by a tail dragger, replaced by my next project... this! (I am VERY excited). Already has a built up 2.0 16v, a fresh tranny and adjustable coil overs...
914_7T3
QUOTE(Scott S @ Apr 8 2018, 02:54 PM) *

QUOTE(worn @ Apr 8 2018, 12:57 PM) *

beerchug.gif

914 was sold, replaced by a tail dragger, replaced by my next project... this! (I am VERY excited). Already has a built up 2.0 16v, a fresh tranny and adjustable coil overs...

wub.gif the MK 1
rgalla9146

There's no polite way to ask, sooo
Are they Beetle wiper arms on your Carrera Speedster ?

Scott S
... and the wiper motor and the switch - but the knob on the dash is correct!

(Now you are making me wonder if they work. Cant remember the last time i turned them on....)
Unobtanium-inc
Nice find! I've only ever had 1 Carrera Speedster and it wasn't anywhere near as nice as this one. What's the story?
rgalla9146
QUOTE(Scott S @ Apr 8 2018, 07:13 PM) *

... and the wiper motor and the switch - but the knob on the dash is correct!

(Now you are making me wonder if they work. Cant remember the last time i turned them on....)

OK.... fair enough.
It's a beautiful car. Is it a replica ?
Scott S
Yep. It is a push rod car, with all of the Carrera bits - less the 4 cam and the oil cooler obviously.

There is a guy building a neat push rod motor that looks the part of the 547 motor (and it has real HP) but it is pretty pricey for what is still just a push rod motor - especially in a car that rarely gets driven. I have only put 1400 miles on it since 2008 - but I plan for that to change. That is why it is up on jack stands. I just put it up today to take the wheels in to have the tires removed so they can be refinished. It will be back on the road next week.

It just struck me funny that the last car I had sitting in my garage on 4 jack stands was my trusty 914 - made me miss it.

Here is a pic of that really cool Faux Cam 547 motor. While I am sure they have done their homework, after listening to Jake R on this forum for so many years, I also get nervous on how well that great looking fan actually cools in real life traffic.
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(Scott S @ Apr 8 2018, 07:26 PM) *

Yep. It is a push rod car, with all of the Carrera bits - less the 4 cam and the oil cooler obviously.

There is a guy building a neat push rod motor that looks the part of the 547 motor (and it has real HP) but it is pretty pricey for what is still just a push rod motor - especially in a car that rarely gets driven. I have only put 1400 miles on it since 2008 - but I plan for that to change. That is why it is up on jack stands. I just put it up today to take the wheels in to have the tires removed so they can be refinished. It will be back on the road next week.

It just struck me funny that the last car I had sitting in my garage on 4 jack stands was my trusty 914 - made me miss it.

Here is a pic of that really cool Faux Cam 547 motor. While I am sure they have done their homework, after listening to Jake R on this forum for so many years, I also get nervous on how well that great looking fan actually cools in real life traffic.

I did a Faux Cam in Da Spoodster, but it was much more low-fi than Kuzu's engine.
Andyrew
I look at that car and just see $$$$$$... Very, Very pretty $$$$$$

Amazing looking car Scott!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.