Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aftermarket seat belts.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
deemsriddle
Well it's time for driving my '71 that I am finishing. I need a set of seat belts with automatic tensioning. What are my options. Thanks Deems
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(deemsriddle @ Apr 9 2018, 07:43 AM) *

Well it's time for driving my '71 that I am finishing. I need a set of seat belts with automatic tensioning. What are my options. Thanks Deems

914 Replacement Seat Belts
cary
What Clay said.
Have been in my car 4-5 years.
76-914
His is a '71. Those belts are listed for 73 and later. I've got a set of their belts in my '70 but they are not retractable. beerchug.gif
db9146
I had looked at some belts like that but there were two things that kept me from going in that direction:

1) Will the belt reel fit down on the inside of the long near the seat base (seems like there's not enough room), or
2) is there a heavy enough bracket that would bolt into the seat belt anchor in the longs that would relocate the reels in the corner behind the seat (assuming you don't need the full rearward adjustment)?

I guess the other option might be to mount the reel on the side pillar at the anchor point but I don't know if that orientation allows the auto-retraction/auto-tension feature to work properly (I think AA offered something like this for a while, IIRC).

Guess that's why I was thinking just a new, updated set of "manual" belts (or a refresh of some originals) was the only way to proceed on an early car.
deemsriddle
My car is a 1971 model. I cannot foresee any problems using the retractable belts, but! I saw this website this AM.I do want the retractable belts. Anyone have any experience installing the retractable belts?
mepstein
There was a seatbelt thread about a month ago with options and pics.

sorry, i dont have time right now to look it up.
GeorgeRud
These are the ones I used on my ‘70 to replace the non-retractable ones. Simply bolted in place. Bought them from Auto Atlanta back in the day.Click to view attachment
Craigers17
How bout some pictures of the almost finished 914....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.