Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Found my 914 after quite a search
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Super90
Found my car. Thanks for the many leads. I adjusted for color because of high quality of car (wanted blue color). Early 1974 with appearance group etc. no A/C (thank heaven). One owner and it still has clear new car title made to him to be accompanied by a notarized bill of sale to me stating he is orig owner, 71,508 miles accurate, etc. Stored and carefully covered with empty tank except for light coat of oil, no battery, in a climate controlled garage for @30 yrs while owner was in the service and new jobs. He decided to get it back on the road and did a complete overhaul of most all components as a retirement project. No expense spared and lots and lots of his personal hours involved too. Everything matches. After some seat time he decided to let it go. I was in right place at right time and able to close the deal. A true one owner car, with original wheels saved as well as any part ever taken off car and replaced with oem...and originals saved to go with car, including books manuals, tool kit, papers from new etc. With engine back in, tuned, all new OEM brakes, rebuilt half shafts, mechanical, shocks, tires & alignment, cables, battery & engine to full 2.0, new injectors etc etc, it is said to drive like new car.

Chased a lot of hidden rust leprechauns, & found a few less than straightforward sellers, but hit the gold finally!!!They are still out there! Cant wait to get it here.
Appreciate the community and all off line and on line advice, leads, and help. One pic is of dusty original paint engine compartment before cleanup & polish while engine was out for refurb, new clutch etc, (really NO RUST car).

Cheers, George
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
billh1963
Congratulations! piratenanner.gif
BPic
WOW! Nice car! beerchug.gif

Check out that hell hole!
Tom_T
Congratz George! smilie_pokal.gif

Hopefully you also got the clear Title from that OO, since Bills of Sale can be more work to perfect title in many states.

welcome.png

Enjoy driving her! driving.gif

Hmmmm! idea.gif
I just noticed an oversight by the powers that be on here, which should be of concern to you YELLOW 914ers - there is NO yellow 914 in the Smilies list!
One of you needs to make one. type.gif

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Rodzilla
Stunning car. Well done.
JRust
Good you took your time. The right 914 is out there for people. They jst need to be patient & ready to pounce when it comes up. Great score bud aktion035.gif
Cairo94507
Terrific find and car. beerchug.gif
sholman5
Very nice George. Congrats. See you at Okteenerfest in Sept.

Chris
pilothyer
Very Nice Find !!! biggrin.gif
db9146
Congrats George! Looks like you found a really nice one!!!

And you’re in GA. Hope to see you at the Okteenerfest in Helen if not sooner!
Camaro Mike
Sharp looking car! Congratulations.
914Next
That’s great news George! Congrats. Looks like a really nice car in a great color. Really looking forward to seeing it. We should get a group together in ATL for cars and coffee some weekend. Hope to see you at octeenerfest too.

Steve
Coondog
Congrats, blue would have been nice but yellow 914s are faster... driving.gif
914-300Hemi
Beautiful looking car.
Congrats on finding one without any rust.
Enjoy driving her. driving.gif
welcome.png
JawjaPorsche
Very Cool! beerchug.gif
daytona
Sweet looking car.
Congratulations and enjoy it in good health.
Bill.
Super90
Thanks guys, appreciate the support.

There seems to be quite a few southern group guys. Is there a local mailing list? Im in Gainesville often. Would love to meet up with you guys sometime for coffee and gab. Ill probably make a trip to mecca (George Hussey's place) to pick up a few spares for a travel kit.

Hope to see y'all soon.

George
Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
DRPHIL914
congradulations!! I love yellow, and I really like the brown interior too! those are hard to find- I would love to redo my interior in brown - hope you can bring it up to Helen for Okteenerfest - all you really need it looks like are proper 2.0 Fuchs wheels and you are set! ( not that there is anyting bad about the Empi rims, I had a set on my car, the offset is not correct for 914's and you will not get as wide a tire on them as you can on the proper stock mahle, fuchs or pedrini rims.
Lucky9146
Great story on your amazing find. It is very cool to hear stories like this and yes they are still out there. Interior shot looks like new.
Congrats!!!!
driving.gif white914.jpg

welcome.png
914_7T3
Great Score, its beautiful! You will have tons of fun with that car!

welcome.png
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.