Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aww crap... oil leak on my new /6 engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mark Henry
Went to prep my car for the season moved it out of it's sleeping spot and there's at least a quart of oil on the floor unsure.gif

So I have it up on the lift trying to figure out where the oil is coming from, I thought it was the lower VC gasket, then thinking it could be the rocker chainbox Oring and I see this thing sticking out that I didn't recognize at first.
Gave it a push with my screwdriver it's a freaking loose rocker shaft! huh.gif

So I went to pop off the VC and well fuch me I can't get the #2 bottom (twinplug) plug connector out past the suspension ear.
I could drop the engine just enough to clear, but to get that far I may as well just drop the engine right out. Besides now I want to check all of my rocker shafts, may as well do a valve adjustment, etc.

Sucks as I'm busier than hell on a dozen projects, several engines, including two high end 996 engine rebuilds.
Damn dry.gif
EdwardBlume
headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif

At least you know what you're doing....
Krieger
What a pain in the ass. I think your lucky it happened this way. Sitting for a while and oil in tank slowly gravity feeding into the engine then leaking out. Instead of it coming apart while driving. Hopefully your cam isn't damaged. How far out was it sticking?
Mark Henry
It will have to wait for a week or so, need to order in a VC gasket set, CV gaskets, get a pail of oil...
I wanted to check the carb float levels with my new PMO gauge, guess I'll do that on the bench.

Freaking very long whole days work minimum. Plus my kid is bugging me to do the brakes and safety work for his first car...another day shot.
porschetub
No migrated rocker shafts but many leaks started after extended test drives,then my cooler blew out,man did that leak,it carries on and you get there ,really a hassle cause all you want to do is driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.