Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: more help needed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kevmac

here is my last post, its running the same after changing the cht.
i also have a new fuel pressure regulator ive yet to put in.

any more theories/advice is much appreciated. thanks, kev.

preious post:
73 914 2.0L.

runs rough at idle.
runs better at high rpm.
stalls after warming up.
stumbles through gears at times.
after key is turned to activate fuel pump, there is the sound of fuel entering system for an extended period, but no leaks.
runs rich, black smoke at times

what ive done:
new plugs wires rotor and cap
new distributer

nothing so far has worked to fix this problem. any help or tips are appreciated.
thanks, kev
brp914
rich running on a 1.7/2.0 w D-jet often means bad mps. Disconnect it's vacuum hose and suck on it. It should be able to hold vacuum.
ThinAir
If you haven't read Brad Anders' D-Jet Web Page then go there immediately and study it thoroughly before doing anything else with the engine.

You say you have a new FPR to put in - is there none installed now? Seems like I remember hearing that if you had no FPR your mixture would be very rich because the fuel pressure is very high. For D-Jet you want exactly 28 psi.

I hope this helps some.
mihai914
No FPR would give a lean condition. The FPR is a adjustable restriction in the fuel system to obtain the required operating pressure. The fuel pump does not create pressure in the system but pushes volume, it does though have a maximum pressure specification.

agree.gif read Brad's site thoroughly, MPS sounds like a good candidate but it's now a expensive part to replace so you would better be sure it's it.
ThinAir
QUOTE (mihai914 @ Jun 6 2005, 09:27 PM)
No FPR would give a lean condition.

Thanks for clarifying it. I've read Brad's stuff recently to solve my own problems, but my memory isn't so good!
markb
I had something similar happen, but it was on a car with mis-matched parts. The MPS did not match the ECU. Once I got an MPS that was right, the car ran great.
Rhodes71/914
QUOTE (ThinAir914 @ Jun 6 2005, 08:15 PM)
If you haven't read Brad Anders' D-Jet Web Page then go there immediately and study it thoroughly before doing anything else with the engine.

Even if you have read it, read it again. I have been there so many times but I learn something new everytime.

He has a section on running rich.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.