Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Possible 914-4 heat exchangers as a new product?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mb911
Would there be enough interested folks in 4cyl heat exchangers priced under the ssi 's? They would be similar to my -6 heat exchangers in construction.. Let me know happy to look into it.
falcor75
Make them a litlte larger and with stub pipes as an option and I'll be interested. (it suuucks having to remove the entire HE's with the crappy exhaust port seal when you need to do engine work)
cantley914
I’d be interested, for a 2.0L/4
Steph
Mblizzard
I would be in for a better flow/stub pipe type.

Toying with headers but I like heat!
914work
+1 for the stub pipes, otherwise ..Eh!
mb911
So headers would be great and I wish people would agree on a setup and I could make heatexchangers for the headers of choosing..
BeatNavy
Do we have a target price point? And I agree, anything to improve the setup / maintenance over stock would be a big selling point.

I'd potentially be interested in 2.0 HE's.
Montreal914
Currently have the SSIs but plan on eventually bumping up my 2056 to 2270 so headers with heat could be nice.
mb911
Target would be 900-1200 but not sure how realistic that would be..
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(falcor75 @ Apr 10 2018, 06:14 AM) *

Make them a litlte larger and with stub pipes as an option and I'll be interested. (it suuucks having to remove the entire HE's with the crappy exhaust port seal when you need to do engine work)

agree.gif the exhaust ports are a little thin and not as easy to seal as the OEMs.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(mb911 @ Apr 10 2018, 02:36 PM) *

So headers would be great and I wish people would agree on a setup and I could make heatexchangers for the headers of choosing..

4 into 1 headers with heat, 1-5/8" and 1-3/4" versions.
Lots of used and now new SSI's plus a few header manufacturers already out there.

A nice SS 4 into 1 header with heat, stubs and optional loud and/or quiet muffler would be a nice niche. Equal length IIRC about 33" is the sweet spot.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.