Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What was the 1st year of WCR? West Coat Ramble / West Coast Rally
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Matty900
Hey guys,
I am working on the shirts for this year and I'm trying to figure out how long this has been going. Also half the people call it West Coast Rally the other half call it West Coast Ramble.
Thanks for the help
JeffBowlsby
I hosted the first one in 2004.
rhodyguy
Those long sleeve tees were swell. Fun time....
Matty900
So many names for it.
SirAndy
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Apr 10 2018, 10:39 AM) *

Those long sleeve tees were swell. Fun time....

agree.gif
Mueller
Still have mine, wore it last week.

I still have this one also that I wear (I know, not WCR):

Click to view attachment

JeffBowlsby
Good times. BR suggested the 'classic' name of the series, think it mutated to other names after he fell out of favor.

2004 was just the name of a then-new series of 914 events related to the 914 Club, which became 914world...that have been west coast centric. Let us not forget that these were not the first, as there were events put on called the MUSR, events by the 914/6 club in LA, the ECR and others, and Rich ___ hosted the WC Ramble in Reno one year around ~2007.

Jeroen created the graphics for the first several years including the red one above. Wonder whatever became of "Jaroon"? He was a great guy.
Ferg
2004 Good times indeed.

Met Skline and Martin right as I pulled into the host Hotel. Didn't know a soul before but that event cemented my love for this car and the people it attracts.

Matty900
Thanks guys. I am getting close to being done on the shirt. I tried to pay homage to the history of the event a little bit on this one.
JRust
drooley.gif I like the shirt
sb914
agree.gif
914 Ranch
Hey Jeff, Jaroon posts on Facebook 914 World Garage sometimes. I hosted the event in '09. Great event.
914 Ranch
Hosted by Howard in 2005, my first large 914 event.
Shirt from my event in 09.
I believe the hat to be from an event on the East coast. But that is all I know about it.
I always wanted to call it
The Wild West Classic.

Click to view attachment
VegasRacer
2005 was the first year for both the Red Rock Classic and the Route 66 Classic. driving.gif MDB2.gif
whitetwinturbo
wub.gif that black shirt driving-girl.gif driving.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(Ferg @ Apr 10 2018, 12:58 PM) *

2004 Good times indeed.

Met Skline and Martin right as I pulled into the host Hotel. Didn't know a soul before but that event cemented my love for this car and the people it attracts.

That was me pulling into the first ever Red Rocks Classic in 2005. Haven't missed one since. :-)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.