Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I had nothing to do today so i made a rwb porsche 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tazz9924
First time trying photoshop renders, I think it went quite well!Click to view attachment
peteyd
Click to view attachment
Andyrew
Try blacking out the chrome I think it would look better smile.gif
tygaboy
We need to talk. After the metal shaping class, I'm wanting to take a swing at building my own flares. I have a couple ideas but am not competent with any drawing/photo editing program.
Want to collaborate? idea.gif

Chris
Justinp71

Looks good!

Whats rwb?
tazz9924
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Apr 11 2018, 10:00 AM) *

We need to talk. After the metal shaping class, I'm wanting to take a swing at building my own flares. I have a couple ideas but am not competent with any drawing/photo editing program.
Want to collaborate? idea.gif

Chris

We might, this was literally my first go, so maybe I’ll practice some more and see if i can get any good lol
tazz9924
QUOTE(Justinp71 @ Apr 11 2018, 10:13 AM) *

Looks good!

Whats rwb?

Its Rauh-welt begriff, its a guy from Japan who makes custom 911’s that look like this:Click to view attachment
falcor75
In 20 years somone will be making good money restoring all the RWB cars just as people today want to get away from the DP style 911's of the 80's. I can understand people liking them but unless it has the engine to back up the looks its just a parking lot show piece.
Optimusglen
RWB are purely aesthetic. Originally it was cool because the vehicles were track rat 911's and the hack job they did on them were par for the course for track rat 911's.

Somewhere along the line they became an image thing, wealthy guys cutting up perfectly good cars to fit the narrative. If you ever see the process he does first hand you'll see that it's a hack job. I don't blame him, he's riding the wave until it's done but I don't have any respect for those cars. The look, I can dig the look, but the RWB name/fad I can't get on board with.

Sorry for the rant... To the original poster, you're doing a great job and keep it up. I always like to see design ideas that step out of the box even if it isn't for everybody. I have a 914 design I've been working on. My flare style is a bit closer to the GT flares than the RWB style flares, but I think it's in the same vein of classic but modern performance.

IPB Image
mepstein
QUOTE(Optimusglen @ Apr 12 2018, 10:27 AM) *

RWB are purely aesthetic. Originally it was cool because the vehicles were track rat 911's and the hack job they did on them were par for the course for track rat 911's.

Somewhere along the line they became an image thing, wealthy guys cutting up perfectly good cars to fit the narrative. If you ever see the process he does first hand you'll see that it's a hack job. I don't blame him, he's riding the wave until it's done but I don't have any respect for those cars. The look, I can dig the look, but the RWB name/fad I can't get on board with.

Sorry for the rant... To the original poster, you're doing a great job and keep it up. I always like to see design ideas that step out of the box even if it isn't for everybody. I have a 914 design I've been working on. My flare style is a bit closer to the GT flares than the RWB style flares, but I think it's in the same vein of classic but modern performance.

agree.gif hack job came to mind when I saw the video. But if I was him, I would sure ride the wave. $$$
autopro
I love it, it looks awesome.
campbellcj
Yup I have seen the vids of hacking-up perfectly good 911s to tack on the RWB kits...makes me cringe if not almost cry. Not a big fan though some of the RWB cars appeal to me more than others. (They're each unique apparently.)

I like the virtual 914 creations above though!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.