Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mid America Swap Meet this Sat
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Engman
Who else will be there and what are ya bringing/looking for?

I will be there around 9 AM local time, will have some specials

M
flatout
I'll be in Effingham friday morning. Nothing to sell just bringing a car. Hope to meet some midwest owners. See you saturday. chatsmiley.gif
736conver
I am going to miss this years show, last year was fun. I was hoping to get my car running but now it looks like July/August.
The wife is happy she doesnt have to drive, navigate, 8 hours.

Have fun all.
mikelsr
I won't make it this year either (last year was a lot of fun). Going to a Boxster fest in Blowing Rock, NC. Maybe next year (unless these two are scheduled together again).

Have fun!

Mike
seanery
I'll be there.
Allan
I'm looking for a Turbo Tie rod kit. Tweeks sells them for $119.00 + tax & shipping on-line. If they are on sale, I'd like a set.

Thanks
Doug Leggins
I'll be going as long as the weather is acceptable.

I'll be looking for a 70 -73 rear chrome bumper in excellent condition, a fiberglass rear valence, and maybe a set of 4 lug fuchs that are in good enough condition for me to send to Al Reed for polishing.
jd74914
smile.gif My Dad and I wanted to go this year, but can't because of other commitments. Next year we'll drive ther though with both my teener and his 911.
CptTripps
Anyone have a link to info on this? I'm free on Sat...this could be a fun trip.
flatout
Go to mamotorworks.com
CptTripps
Whoa....8hr drive....I'm out. biggrin.gif
seanery
Doug, you wanna share a ride?
GaroldShaffer
Well once again I'm out dry.gif We have a wedding that I was told I must attend or slap.gif spank.gif alfred.gif sad.gif
hi ho silber
I'll be there!
Looking for 16X6 Fuchs one or more (polished paddles).

Maybe some other small parts biggrin.gif

I'll be there Saturday only. Sunday is an AutoX here in STL (Gateway)
Doug Leggins
Sean - Yes. I'll send a PM to set up time/place to meet.
Engman
Doug - bring the stuff that you want done to the meet - save you shipping it to me.

I have even managed to borrow a canopy!

Look for me in the 'swap' area.

M
736conver
Hopefully they wont shove the swap sites all the way back to the corner and half the people who came to the show didnt even know it existed and all the vendors who where selling stuff sat in the hot sun waiting for the hoards of customers that didnt show up and then had to pack up 90% of their stuff and then had to drive back 8 hours with a full van becuase the swap was shoved all the way to the back where no one knew it existed.

No I wasnt mad at the swap sites shoved all the way in the back where no one knew. flipa.gif

I hope you guys get a better location this year.
And you wont be waiting around like this because the swap got shoved all the way to the back where no one could see.

Engman
Really it was not that bad. There were deals to be had back there. A real saratoga top - in decent condition was even there (he was asking over 1000 for it - never sold)

Had some great conversations with Brad Mauyer - he always goes to this one sine its only about an hour from his shop.

And then there is the free luch, t-shirts, pins that Mid America gives out.

All in all a very cool day! Looking forward to Sat!

M
flatout
I am leaving friday morning, so I hope to get in before noon. Then I will just hang out in town and swim at the hotel. Will be at the show early sat. I am bring the 911 slantnose, it's green so if you see it and want to say hi, that would be nice. biggrin.gif
736conver
Yea its a cool show. Just bad planning on where to put the swap. The two years before the swap was all the way in front.
Location Location Location

Its always worth it to go and chat.
I met Sean, Indydad and some others last year. Also talked to Brad Mauyer. It turned out we both were going after the same Porsche parts estate about 3 years ago. He grab alot of the NOS stuff and I got the rest.
I dont think I met you though, Mark. Maybe next time
Engman
Good Morning!

Well I am optimistic that Mid America will place it in a better spot this year ... we will see...

Look for me, Sean, Doug and others in the area - Sean will have his stuff there - we going to share a space - and maybe we will have a club banner up!

Pics will be taken - storys swapped and just generally a good time will be had!

M
Doug Leggins
I'll also be looking for a rear caliper (73-76). I only need the outer adjuster. The one with the 13mm nut and c clip. I had to destroy one of mine because someone (not me this time) tried to remove the nut without removing the c clip.

Can anyone help with this part?

seanery
If anyone would like to order a club ID card and lanyard I can make them tonite for delivery Sat am.
See this thread for info Lanyard & ID Cards
seanery
Oh, there WILL be a 914World.com banner! wink.gif
Rusty
I really wanted to go this year. Back when they were Tweeks, it was a pretty good weekend. Freebie food and soft drinks, door prizes, etc.

Bring sunscreen... after walking around drooling on cars for two days, I looked like a lobster.

Oh.. and the fact that I drove both ways from Des Moines topless in my Wrangler... that might have helped, too. :evil grin:

-Rusty smoke.gif

Engman
I really wanted to go this year.

Lawrence - you can still make it!

If ya dont caome - we will talk about you!

M
Rusty
QUOTE (Engman @ Jun 10 2005, 05:53 PM)

M

You'd talk about me if I was there next to you... biggrin.gif
GWN7
QUOTE (Lawrence @ Jun 10 2005, 02:57 PM)
QUOTE (Engman @ Jun 10 2005, 05:53 PM)

M

You'd talk about me if I was there next to you... biggrin.gif

Bad gas? rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.