Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pulled the car out of the garage with hopes of Spring around the corner
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iamchappy
Pulled the car out of the garage to dust it off and run the engine for awhile. Sure sign of Spring just around the corner a fly.
iamchappy
biggrin.gif
ValcoOscar
What a beauty. Is that a one-off front spoiler?

Love the side euro lights.

Oscar
11tenths
Them be "Cone decapitators"

rolleyes.gif

HB
Phoenix-MN
Hey Chap,
Give me a call, we haven't talked in a long while and I have a few things to share

Paul
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(Phoenix-MN @ Apr 11 2018, 05:01 PM) *

Hey Chap,
Give me a call, we haven't talked in a long while and I have a few things to share

Paul

You're in St Boni? I lived there for a few years in the early 2000s.
Phoenix-MN
QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ Apr 11 2018, 02:47 PM) *

QUOTE(Phoenix-MN @ Apr 11 2018, 05:01 PM) *

Hey Chap,

Paul

You're in St Boni? I lived there for a few years in the early 2000s.

Small world biggrin.gif , I've been here since 1987
infraredcalvin
I was thinking about your car the other day. Somebody on the bird site posted a Craigslist ad near me of a guy selling a 77 turbo engine. I reached out and started fantasizing about that engine in my 914... guy never called back, I’m sure he got bombarded with lowball offers like mine...lol
Rleog
Bet you never thought you'd be so glad to see a fly.
Front yard mechanic
That's not a fly that's the state bird
jim_hoyland
biggrin.gif I like the white lawn poke.gif
iamchappy
Just when I thought we were over it, there predicting a foot or more of snow today.
Mueller
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Apr 13 2018, 06:09 AM) *

Just when I thought we were over it, there predicting a foot or more of snow today.

Low 70s with 0 chance of snow here smile.gif

Great for people here that have a running 914 unlike me smile.gif sad.gif
worn
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Apr 11 2018, 12:34 PM) *

biggrin.gif

Our snow is gone and we may wash away the salt this weekend. i have been known to taste the pavement to be sure. Looks great in orange!
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Apr 13 2018, 08:09 AM) *

So not looking forward to it. I guess it's the one time that I'm happy to not have a 914, otherwise I'd be itching to get out and drive.
mlindner
Worn, add Margarita mix first....I'm a big fan of orange also. Best, MarkClick to view attachment
iamchappy
My poor paver driveway has been destroyed by the road salt over the years, i never sealed it. i have alot of pavers to replace, most of the really bad areas are where the cars were always parked.
mb911
I might have to consider orange or a red on my car..

Enjoy the snow this weekend everyone.
iamchappy
QUOTE(mb911 @ Apr 13 2018, 03:42 PM) *

I might have to consider orange or a red on my car..

Enjoy the snow this weekend everyone.

Or Signal Yellow......... not really a yellow and not really an orange.....
anderssj
Always admired your car!

Picked a fine time to come home to MN for a visit, feels like February 73rd:

Click to view attachment

I-94 east-bound at US-52 about ten minutes ago barf.gif
SteveL
QUOTE(anderssj @ Apr 14 2018, 10:44 AM) *

Always admired your car!

Picked a fine time to come home to MN for a visit, feels like February 73rd:

Click to view attachment

I-94 east-bound at US-52 about ten minutes ago barf.gif

Welcome back!
All this white crap is coming down because Chappy had the nerve to tempt mother nature by rolling the turbo into the driveway. Putting your snow blower away before the first lawn mowing will cause the same thing.
iamchappy
The snowbank that was in the photo behind the car is now about 7 ft. Tall. I cleared about 20 inches off the driveway today with more on the way. No golf no turbo car happening for awhile, just think of the dirty trick mother nature played on that fly.
ClayPerrine
Today was cold here in North Texas. The low was 48, and the high was 67. We had a hell of a wind the last few days too. Spent the last two days cleaning out the garage.

poke.gif Gotta love living in a place where you never have to part your 914 for the winter. poke.gif

rick 918-S
Ya I thought we were over it. The storm was supposed to stay south of us. Woke up today to another storm.

Click to view attachment

Schools are cancelled already. No snow plows are even out. dry.gif
mb911
Well 6 hours south east of you we just got freezing rain and then about 3 inches of snow.. Lucked out as ours will melt faster.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.