Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: need help with ideas for install
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TROJANMAN
has anyone fabricated such a thing. i was looking in my car this evening and noticed that there are basically only two bolts to the bottom half of the seat belt system (unless i am missing something).
my idea was to take a piece of flat steel (1/4"?) and drill two holes in either end of it. one end to put the bolt thru and the other to put the LATCH thru. sound like it will work? i still plan on using the seat belt in addition to my fabricated latch system. but i need to do something, because i get too much side to side movement with just the seat belt.
any other suggestions?
lagunero
Sounds like that's all you need to do. With the LATCH system you really won't need the seatbelt.
Elliot_Cannon
Duct Tape. biggrin.gif

Cheers, Elliot
SpecialK
Get a extra seat rail, and mount it to the bottom of the baby seat smash.gif . Then you could just slide the baby seat in and lock it into position when you want to take the young'un for a spin, and if attached to the seat rail firmly, that baby ain't goin' nowhere........literally! driving.gif
SpecialK
Sorry Gregor.....apparently nobody's in the "brainstorming" mood. But maybe it was just too eary in the morning for some folks.................duct tape huh? idea.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.