Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear Trunk lid gaps
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
Just finished the JWest bracket replacement. My average gap on the driver side is 4.7mm and average gap on pass side is 8.7mm
How can the lid be moved over approx 2mm ?
raynekat
My only observation.....gawd that's beautiful paint.
Is your trunk latch centered as it should be.
Perhaps it just needs shifting to the passenger side?
jcd914
Moving your truck latch pin side to side will change the gap.
You might also need to loosen the bolts holding the hinge to the trunk lid to get them perfect side to side and front to back but start with the latch pin.

Jim
cn2800
I also can't help you with your question, but that is a fantastic color! Is it the Porsche metallic copper, or a custom job? I'm still a year or so away from paint, and am trying to narrow down the choices.
burton73
Jim,

I had the trunk hinge close by so I took these pictures. I think you got a JWest set up so can you space it out? Also try loosening the blots that hold the lid on. There may be some wiggle room. I think you can

I hope this gives you some ideas. Paint looks super

Bob B
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
jim_hoyland
THANKS! smile.gif I'll try the hood latch pin first; then try to loosen the hinge bolts and move the lid.
? I assume they have some space to move the hinge left or right ? I could enlarge the holes with a step drill too ??

The paint is original color, but repainted about 15 years ago. Car is garaged, but driven nearly every day..... smile.gif
whitetwinturbo
..........dat paint ........... woo hoo aktion035.gif
porschetub
QUOTE(whitetwinturbo @ Apr 13 2018, 04:08 PM) *

..........dat paint ........... woo hoo aktion035.gif

Yes that colour ,Jim very nice,my car has basically the gaps you have,its kinda hard to set the sideways gap,I have stock rewelded pivots and they haven't been rewelded very close sad.gif .
ndfrigi
QUOTE(raynekat @ Apr 12 2018, 12:01 PM) *

My only observation.....gawd that's beautiful paint.
Is your trunk latch centered as it should be.
Perhaps it just needs shifting to the passenger side?

You should see also Jim’s interior!
cary
It's easier with 2 humans ......
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(cary @ Apr 13 2018, 07:22 AM) *

It's easier with 2 humans ......

agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.