Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: auto transport
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dgw
I have a 1936 Dodge truck that I am looking for a way to transport from Hermosa Beach to Los Gatos CA.
Do you have recommendations for a reliable transport company to do this or is someone coming north with an empty trailer and would like to make a few bucks hauling this truck?
halmil
Reliable or Intercity
Unobtanium-inc
If it is a nice vehicle you may want to look into renting a truck and trailer. U-Haul will rent a pickup with trailer fairly cheap and this way you insure it handled safely. I've seen too many cars destroyed by carriers. If it's cross country you have no alternative but this looks like a trip that could be made in a day.

Here are some horror stories. And avoid U-ship at all costs.

https://unobtaniuminc.wordpress.com/2012/02...ng-of-porsches/

Here is what the U-haul rig looks like.
tygaboy
I used InterCity and it was a great experience.
EdwardBlume
I did the Uhaul thing from Pleasanton to Pasadena and back. Long day, but worked fine.
Unobtanium-inc
Also, avoid U-Ship at all costs, it is truly the wild west. A few years ago I sold a C Coupe to a guy, he didn't want to use my trucker, he saved $100 on U-Ship. The "trucker" that showed up was a dude with a converted motorhome which happened to be full of furniture. He unloaded the furniture, loaded the Porsche, and re-loaded the furniture, on top of the car! He had double-booked.
dgw
I think/hope i dodged the bullet on this one. The guy I bought the truck from is going to deliver it and doesn't get paid until he get here with it. Thanks for all the comments.
Mueller
QUOTE(dgw @ Apr 12 2018, 05:52 PM) *

I think/hope i dodged the bullet on this one. The guy I bought the truck from is going to deliver it and doesn't get paid until he get here with it. Thanks for all the comments.

We expect pictures of the truck smile.gif
dgw
Here is one from the seller.

Click to view attachment
Mueller
QUOTE(dgw @ Apr 12 2018, 09:01 PM) *

Here is one from the seller.

Very nice.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.