Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: side shift engine mount alignment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
buck toenges
I put on a side shift engine mount on a 2.0 engine. Could I have put it on wrong? The opening for the shift linkage goes through the hole in the motor mount. How do you know if you placed the engine mount correctly so the hole in the engine mount is in the correct location? Can you put the engine mount 180 degrees out of phase?

Thanks,
Buck
mepstein
The opening is on the left
iankarr
Yes, it's possible to flip the orientation. and it isn't fun to change it back if you don't find out until the engine is in the car. As mepstein said, the opening is on the left (driver's side).
Mr Pharmacist
Is it diffcult to change the engine mount bar insiut? I've jsut sourced a replacement as mine has been messed about with in the past and was hoping to just swap them out! Have i mis-judged the amount of work involved?!
Dave_Darling
It's not that difficult to replace the motor mount bar. Remove the rear shift rod, then two bolts on the outer end and two nuts on the inner rubber mounts. Make sure you're supporting the engine first, of course.

It may be possible to put the bar in upside down. The lip under the chassis pods that the bar mounts to may be tall enough to foul on the bar; I forget how much extra height there is on the ends of the bar.

If you try to install the bar swapped left-to-right, the hole for the shift linkage will be on the wrong side of the car's centerline. Obviously wrong...

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.