Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Someones Idea of wraping a car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bdstone914
How many custom features can you find ? Like the trailer hitch ? Looks sturdy enough to me. Would love to take it to U Haul and ask how big of a trailer I could rent.
KELTY360
It's got a lot going for it, but I'd like it better with 20 series tires.
SO.O.C914er
That’s one bad ass car stirthepot.gif
Steve
Reynolds wrap!! Says so on the box.
billh1963
What's even more amazing is someone spent a lot of time doing that.
My 914
Reynolds wrap or shiney aluminum colored duct tape?
db9146
Somebody ate a lot of bake potatoes! biggrin.gif
jkb944t
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Apr 13 2018, 06:22 AM) *

What's even more amazing is someone spent a lot of time doing that.

agree.gif

Amazing they spent any time! "A lot of time" might be a slight exaggeration.

Jeff B
IronHillRestorations
"the hood was so easy"

The "custom" features are ingenious! The trailer hitch, the "chopped" rear window, oh and the stealthy element of the silver is very "special"!!
My 914
Note the barbed wire fence nearby. Keeping someone out or keeping someone in?
Front yard mechanic
Support vehicle on top
campbellcj
Needs some cop spotlights too.

Recently I saw a Land Rover around here that was wrapped in faux-suede or alcantara...the entire vehicle was 'fuzzy'...actually looked kinda neat but can't imagine it will hold up well to dirt and usage.
fishgeckos
Obviously, the desired choice of car to break someone out of the prison behind it... Supplies on the roof are the requisite escape tools, and the tinfoil easily peels off quickly to reveal another colored car to avoid being caught. Well thought-through plan; no doubt.
Unobtanium-inc
Alien's....
Ansbacher
Go easy, it's molting season!

Ansbacher
ValcoOscar
It's a GT model based on those flares

lol-2.gif
Elliot Cannon
Needs color sanding and buffing.
bretth
Tin foil hooptie.
worn
Cool in the summer sun, or in any setting.
Mark Henry
I bet the owner has a matching hat. biggrin.gif
Chris H.
It has the texture of furnace foil tape. Sweet.
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Apr 12 2018, 09:05 PM) *

How many custom features can you find ? Like the trailer hitch ? Looks sturdy enough to me. Would love to take it to U Haul and ask how big of a trailer I could rent.

I'm in favor of cars like this. Modern cars have gotten so incredibly boring. Used to see creatively weirdly bad cars in third world countries, but even those are going away.
Cairo94507
How that rolling POS is allowed to roll down a public road is beyond me. Things have changed dramatically in our country. It appears to have a CA license plate...of course. I hope a LEO sees that junker and runs it through a full "safety inspection".
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Apr 13 2018, 10:07 AM) *

How that rolling POS is allowed to roll down a public road is beyond me. Things have changed dramatically in our country. It appears to have a CA license plate...of course. I hope a LEO sees that junker and runs it through a full "safety inspection".

You obviously haven't spent much time in Riverside. av-943.gif
Matty900
Is this really you new car Bruce? poke.gif
Sweet Whip very_first_smiley[1].gif
Cairo94507
If that is an example of what is rolling around Riverside, I can say with confidence, I will do all I can to avoid the area. I try to minimize encounters with potentially unlicensed, uninsured, illegals who hit you then abandon their "car" and flee. beer3.gif
Beach914
It's new surface was obviously designed to reflect and avoid radar detection.....very stealth.
Bartlett 914
That's normal. It is how we cover rust holes in our cars here!
Tom_T
It's a Demo for the new competitor to Xpel wraps! biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
EdwardBlume
How many burritos are left out in the cold to die before getting eaten? This guy took all of the aluminum foil!
bdstone914
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 13 2018, 10:12 AM) *

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Apr 13 2018, 10:07 AM) *

You obviously haven't spent much time in Riverside. av-943.gif

Yes it was parked on a public road and this was a special car even in Riverside. I like to say to each his own but when it impacts safety of others they they should have mandatory safety inspections. I see cars with totally shot shocks on the highway with the wheels bouncing and only making intermittent contact with the road. I see he did opt for some smaller rims and lowered the car.
And no this in not my new ride.
I like Matt's idea that the foil is to protect from aliens from stealing our thoughts.
But I think aliens would realize this guy has no thoughts worth stealing. It is a personal expression but just not sure what is being expressed.
If it is still there I have to check out the interior. Maybe lawn chairs bolted to the floor?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.