Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MY 1973 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
davy26
I'm interested in a 1973 2.0 which I'm hoping to view/drive next week. The seller states that the car was first delivered to Canada. I'm wondering if someone here could please tell me what spec that should make the car? I'm expecting that it is European rather than US spec - would that be right?
Dave_Darling
Nope. It should be US-spec.

--DD
davy26
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Apr 13 2018, 04:15 PM) *

--DD

Thanks DD - logical, but I'd thought otherwise.

Regards.

David
mobymutt
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Apr 13 2018, 11:15 AM) *

--DD

I thought ours came pre-rusted?
worn

No, I think the pre-rust was a North American option. Not sure what the code was. You might have gotten a discount if it was ordered alongside the oil leak option.
KELTY360
QUOTE(worn @ Apr 13 2018, 09:29 AM) *

Not sure what the code was. You might have gotten a discount if it was ordered alongside the oil leak option.

Where as, the oil leak was standard equipment on UK spec delivery. biggrin.gif
turbonet
QUOTE(worn @ Apr 13 2018, 08:29 AM) *

No, I think the pre-rust was a North American option. Not sure what the code was. You might have gotten a discount if it was ordered alongside the oil leak option.

No one knows what the pre-rust option code is. It was always rusted away by the time you got the car.
gothspeed
Make sure the pre-rust option includes the area under the battery. If this area is not pre-rusted through, a battery acid and water solution will tend to pool there when the car is washed or after a brisk rain.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.