Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jamestown Car Show
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
oakdalecurtis
I attended my first car show of the year today in Jamestown, Ca. The weather was perfect. The show honored and raised money for veterans, good cause. There were about 200 cars, tons of American metal of course, three or four 911's, a couple of 926's, and one yellow 914! The 914 factory must have produced a lot of 914's, because it seems that everyone who came by said that they owned a 914 when they were younger! cheer.gif

Click to view attachment
Millerwelds
beerchug.gif piratenanner.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(oakdalecurtis @ Apr 14 2018, 03:24 PM) *
The 914 factory must have produced a lot of 914's, because it seems that everyone who came by said that they owned a 914 when they were younger! cheer.gif

Naaa, it's just the same few cars that were handed around ...
biggrin.gif
Blue6
Your car looks great.. beerchug.gif
Dion
Looks great. The rims turned out nice on your car!
My 914
I like seeing the little bit of yellow in the plaid seats from this distance.
oakdalecurtis
Ty everyone. And I never thought about SirAndy’s idea that maybe just a few 914’s got passed around a lot! driving.gif
Tom_T
Lookin' good Curtis! first.gif

113,000+ 914s built & sold in 6 MYs - 60-70% to the USA & 60-70% going to CA, 42-49 years to pass many of them around on 1 or more resales .... well that adds up to a ton of "I used to own one of those!" folks! biggrin.gif

Not to mention that the 914 was the gateway drug to Porsche ownership for many with higher tail-dragger aspirations! laugh.gif

I know quite a few locally now in higher end & newer Porsches, who now want to get back their or a similar 914 of their 1st Porsche!

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
oakdalecurtis
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Apr 16 2018, 09:59 AM) *

Lookin' good Curtis! first.gif

113,000+ 914s built & sold in 6 MYs - 60-70% to the USA & 60-70% going to CA, 42-49 years to pass many of them around on 1 or more resales .... well that adds up to a ton of "I used to own one of those!" folks! biggrin.gif

Not to mention that the 914 was the gateway drug to Porsche ownership for many with higher tail-dragger aspirations! laugh.gif

I know quite a few locally now in higher end & newer Porsches, who now want to get back their or a similar 914 of their 1st Porsche!

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Hi Tom, that math means about 55,000 in Cali. That's about the number of previous owners I've met at the car shows! slap.gif
burton73
QUOTE(My 914 @ Apr 14 2018, 07:57 PM) *

I like seeing the little bit of yellow in the plaid seats from this distance.

agree.gif
Your car looks great

Bob B
fishgeckos
I like the yellow plaid seats. I may need to look into this idea. I also like your rims. Nice car.
oakdalecurtis
QUOTE(fishgeckos @ Apr 16 2018, 12:31 PM) *

I like the yellow plaid seats. I may need to look into this idea. I also like your rims. Nice car.

Hey fish, here's a little better pic of the seats. I get a lot of positive comments about them at the car shows. aktion035.gif
I also added a one inch lift under the front edge of the drivers seat cushion to help my long legs feel better supported. You can tell in the picture. driving.gif

Click to view attachment
73-914
Karmann was a very busy place back in the day
EdwardBlume
Nice work Curtis! Thanks for raising money for our Vets! flag.gif
oakdalecurtis
QUOTE(Edward Blume @ Apr 17 2018, 03:56 PM) *

Nice work Curtis! Thanks for raising money for our Vets! flag.gif

Thanks Ed. Happy to help, dad was a B17 pilot...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.