Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: looking for a 1218 tester
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bd1308
I am looking for a 1218 tester for the 914 D-Jet...anybody know where i can find one? The vw guy said he had one in the attic of the shop...but i dont think he'll let me have it.
Mueller
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Jun 7 2005, 10:55 AM)
I am looking for a 1218 tester for the 914 D-Jet...anybody know where i can find one? The vw guy said he had one in the attic of the shop...but i dont think he'll let me have it.

have you offered to buy it???

no ones just going to give you one for charity wacko.gif

if you study Brad Anders d-jet page, you could figure out how to make one...a few club members have made thier own D-jet testers...
bd1308
unsure.gif
type47
most testing done with the testers can be done with a common DVM (digital volt meter). i bought a tester off ebay, 'cause i wanted it biggrin.gif and thought it would be cool to have one, for over $200. but i waste my money doing things like that alot. cool_shades.gif
bd1308
i got ya beat. I bought a nixie tube clock (a clock with the evacuated vacuum tube with digits in it) for $340 on ebay....
Air_Cooled_Nut
I bought one at last year's Bug-In for $10. And it works! Only thing 'wrong' with it is a missing red indicator cover.

They're faster and easier to use than an OHM wink.gif
bd1308
you suck man...i've seen them run from over $300.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.