Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914Club/San Francisco chapter lunch?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JeffBowlsby
OK so heres the plan. I hope everyone interested can make it.

Baja Fresh
30 Fremont
Thursday, June 16, 12 noon (or before to get a good seat)

Post your name in this thread if you can make it, I will update the list as it develops.

Jeff B
Dave D
Mark D - OUT
Andy S
Howard Y

Can someone contact Andrew Blyholder about this lunch?

Previous initial post:
Some of you know that Dave Darling recently began a new job in SF near 2nd and Brannan. I work near the Ferry Building. I think Andy is nearby to Dave. Who else might be interested in lunch sometime soon…and where?

Propose a place and a date if there is any interest.

Chris Reale?
Fiid?
???
ChrisReale
Im up for it... Isn't there a Delancy Street Bar over there? Gordon Biersch is also there. I might not be able to hang out as long as everyone else, but I would love to meet up beer.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (ChrisReale @ Jun 7 2005, 02:29 PM)
Im up for it... Isn't there a Delancy Street Bar over there? Gordon Biersch is also there. I might not be able to hang out as long as everyone else, but I would love to meet up beer.gif

i'm not sure "Delancy Street Restaurant" is open for lunch but i could find out ...
"Gordon Biersch" is totally packed for lunch ...

in fact, pretty much *any* place will be run over during lunchtime ...

if it's just for (good) sandwiches, the "Delancy Street Cafe" (not to be mistaken with the Delancy Street Restaurant) is a good place to go. they have nice outside seating as well ...

chowtime.gif Andy
kermit
Sounds like a good idea. I work at 1st and Howard, so we're all really close by. Let me know where you guys decide to have lunch...
Jenny
QUOTE (kermit @ Jun 7 2005, 04:35 PM)
I work at 1st and Howard

lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif Is that intentional, or just a kawingkidink? chairfall.gif

Jen

redshift
laugh.gif

Hey, can you guys plan this a little closer to Savannah?

M
kermit
I can't help it if our office moved from Sutter to Howard Street...

I have a conference room named after me as well. Impressive stuff huh!
McMark
I'll probably show up. Off hours lunch would be nice, but that might be trouble for some people.
Dave_Darling
Everything around here seems to fill up at about ten minutes after noon. So far, getting somewhere at noon has been fine. That, or waiting until 2:00...

BTW, I'm between 4th and 5th on Brannan, not at 2nd and Brannan. wink.gif

The only place I know of that's in Jeff's direction is "Canton". They do pretty good Dim Sum; not sure about the rest of their menu. I am unfamiliar with Delancy's whatever (Google doesn't know about the "cafe", but can find the "restaurant"). I am willing to give it a shot, but it is a pretty good walk. Is there anything a little bit further down this-a-way?

--DD
kermit
Canton is pretty decent, plenty of tables, and not too expen$ive. They also take reservations.

Probably a 15 minute walk from One Market though...

Keep in mind, we can always just go for drinks after work, Zebulon is a decent place...
jimtab
I work on Pennsylvania and Mariposa (Potrero Hill) and there is an ok place at the end of Mariposa, just past 3rd st called the Ramp. I'd be up for lunch or drinks after work...
fiid
I'd love to do an after work thing at the ramp. Maybe we could get it on a "work from home" day and start at 4...:-)

I could do a lunch sometime - I will need a bit of advance warning tho since it will need to be a work from home day for me.

I won't be back in the bay area until the 19th, BTW.

jimtab
Hell, we could be LIT by 4....I get off at 3....
fiid
mmm. lit by 4 sounds good!

SGB
My flight gets in around noon....

Truely. but I'll have the whole fambly unit- 2 Porsche and 914 nut teenage sons and my Honda Element (could/should be a Maytag) vacation readywife. But if I just happen to pick the spot you guys all end up at....
So I won't have my 914 either. But I could bring a picture!
JeffBowlsby
The proposal was fer lunch....several of us are commuters and cant make it an after work shindig...

I know its more of a haul for some than others, but what if we met at Baja Fresh....30 Fremont late next week?

Dave_Darling
I think I can do that. It'll be a bit of a hike (15-20 minutes each way I think!) but goodness knows I sure could use the exercise...

--DD
anthony
I'm just on the other side of the bridge in Berkeley. I could make it if there is convenient parking.
JeffBowlsby
OK so heres the plan. I hope everyone interested can make it.

Baja Fresh
30 Fremont
Thursday, June 16, 12 noon (or before to get a good seat)

Post your name here if you can make it.
Dave_Darling
Yup. Or at least I'll try!!

--DD
SirAndy
QUOTE (bowlsby @ Jun 9 2005, 12:36 PM)
Post your name here

i'm in ...

chowtime.gif Andy
McMark
I'm in. Please update the first post in this thread. Makes it easier for people. wink.gif
JeffBowlsby
Post your name in this thread if you will attend and I will keep the first post updated.
anthony
How's the parking down there?
JeffBowlsby
Anthony, you can probably find a spot somewhere....why not BART over?
anthony
BART is slow and more expensive than driving (like $5 each way to SF) when there's no traffic:

10 minutes to drive to the station
10-20 minutes to wait for the train in the middle of the day
20 minutes to ride
10 minutes to walk south of market

I'm right by the Ashby freeway entrance. Mapquest says I'm 9 miles and 13 minutes away.

Dave_Darling
Two days to go--is it only going to be the four of us???

--DD
SirAndy
QUOTE (Dave_Darling @ Jun 14 2005, 10:21 AM)
Two days to go--is it only going to be the four of us???

sure looks like it ...
good, more chowtime.gif for me ...

biggrin.gif Andy
McMark
I'm probably out. sad.gif

Lots of projects to finish up.
kermit
I emailed Andrew Blyholder, he'll be there!

Two fast architects...
SirAndy
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Jun 9 2005, 02:21 PM)
QUOTE (bowlsby @ Jun 9 2005, 12:36 PM)
Post your name here

i'm in ...

chowtime.gif Andy

i'm out ...
i have a meeting in foster city at 11:30 ...

sad2.gif Andy
kermit
So the Big SF 914 Lunch has come and gone. It was a lot of fun, thanks to Jeff for organizing it!

The final count of attendees was:
Jeff Bowlsby (architect)
David Darling
Andrew Blyholder (architect)
and myself (architect)

It was funny, when I first walked into Baja Fresh, Andrew was standing in line right behind Jeff. They've never met, so they had no idea who the other guy was.

We had some great conversations (Dave convinced me to buy a used Miata - more on that later). I'd like to do this on a more regular basis. Hopefully SirAndy and others nearby will be able to make it.

Jeff has graciously volunteered to continue to organize all future SF luncheions. Thanks Jeff, you're the best!
JeffBowlsby
It was fun...even in the rain....

So where do we want to meet next time. It looks like we are spread pout between Pier 9 and 4th and Howard.

Restaurant suggestions? Maybe something a lilttle closer to Dave D?
Dave_Darling
I hope so... I was a wreck by the time I got back to the office! (Took a detour to Artrock to pick up a poster for a friend of mine.)

Let's see. There's the Brickhouse near me. Good sandwiches, though they tend to be a bit on the "frou-frou" side. (Chicken and brie, et al.) Koh Samui and the Monkey is a good Thai place that's also close by. Both are on Brannan. Primo's, a Carribean joint, is on Townsend near 3rd.

And as I said, Canton would seem to be about halfway-ish. I can get there in about 10 minutes walk. Not sure what else is around.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.