Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear Trunk lid alignment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
I've gotten to the point where the rear trunk lid needs to go over 2 more mm to center it. If I widen the slot on the hinge where the bolts are currently located, it should give me the added space to move the lid.

Does this sound ok ?
ValcoOscar
I had that exact problem years ago and used a die grinder with a carbide burr tip to modify hinge ever so lightly. I then repainted hinge as to not encourage rust.

Just wondering why your trunk is off though Jim??

Beautiful BTW...love those power windows!!!

Oscar
PanelBilly
I needed to slot mine to in order to align it. I also recall bending the hinges too just a bit.
McMark
You may try loosening the bolts and pushing the lid as far as possible in the direction you want it to go, then tightening them while holding pressure. This may do enough without modification.
SirAndy
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 16 2018, 11:02 AM) *
You may try loosening the bolts and pushing the lid as far as possible in the direction you want it to go, then tightening them while holding pressure. This may do enough without modification.

agree.gif

There's easily 2mm you can get this way, simply push where you want it to be.
smile.gif

jim_hoyland
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 16 2018, 11:18 AM) *

QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 16 2018, 11:02 AM) *

agree.gif

There's easily 2mm you can get this way, simply push where you want it to be.
smile.gif

I already did this the lid is as far over as possible; I ran out of room,
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.