Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1.7L Throttle Return Spring Placement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bd1308
I have my engine out and was looking at it, and noticed i don't have a bracket to attach a throttle return spring onto like my 2.0L does.......anybody have any idea how to make this work?
LukeD
The spring attaches to the Throttle body arm and then to the top of the engine tin where it meets the seal. There should be a small hole there.

Luke D
goose2
Make sure you hook it in the correct hole on the body. I put mine in the wrong place once and the throttle stuck wide open the first time I drove it. Exciting!!
bd1308
so the path of the spring is a downward angle to the top of the tin? I was looking on the air box and couldn't find it...LukeD, do you have any pictures?
LukeD
No pictures, I sold my 1.7 a few weeks ago, but if i remember correctly it should be a close to straight across deal, there might be a hole in the tin in that vecinity or at the top of the tin lip. There is something there but the "exact" location I can't remember.

Luke D
LukeD
This looks right
bd1308
QUOTE (LukeD @ Jun 7 2005, 02:01 PM)
This looks right

cool deal....that rear part was just hanging onto the engine by a few wires....so i'll have to "borrow" some tin screws from the 2.0 to secure everything down....
LukeD
Someone once told me the screws can be bought at any VW shop for dirt cheap and nice and shiney.

Shur nuf, I went down and they had them in packs of 20, they are called cheese head screws

Luke D
bd1308
see somebody needs to open a real VW shop in louisville....maybe that is my reason for being here.....but i'm so pissed at the VW guy....he has NOTHING, except for that 1218....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.