Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Identify the source of these Positive Side Stripes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carl k
I'm trying to find out who sells/sold these positive side strips. The stripes measure 3.88" from top to bottom, and the word "Porsche" is 35" long (it fits entirely on the door).

Click to view attachment

thanks,
Carl
ConeDodger
Joe Bob here on the board. PM him.
914work
I think I have one side of those if interested.
raynekat
To me, these are the "most" correct for these types of stripes. A myriad of color options as well.
Bob Tilton is a great guy and gets these to you in a timely manner.
Great customer service.

http://www.early911sregistry.org/forums/sh...ht=side+stripes
74ravenna
Were these installed at the Factory or at Dealerships?

Thanks.
carl k
I'm not able to see the images (not a member of the early 911 registry), but I think these are images of Bob's stripe kits:

Click to view attachment

If so, they are close but not exact- look at the relative width of the wide stripe. However, they are very close, and a possible option since I only need to redo the drivers' side (you can only see one side at a time!)

I'll PM 914Werke and see if his single side is a match.

thanks!
Carl

QUOTE(raynekat @ Apr 16 2018, 09:27 PM) *

To me, these are the "most" correct for these types of stripes. A myriad of color options as well.
Bob Tilton is a great guy and gets these to you in a timely manner.
Great customer service.

http://www.early911sregistry.org/forums/sh...ht=side+stripes

carl k
74Ravenna- no, I applied these stripes myself about 7 years ago. Unfortunately I can't recall where they came from- they might have even been purchased from a 914World member.

-Carl
dr914@autoatlanta.com
we have plenty of the postitive stripes in stock, we have them made by the original supplier to the dealers back then
Cal
I have Tilton's side scripts on my '74 2.0L and they look great. Bob spent a lot of time and effort reproducing these.....he actually used a NOS of scripts as a base template. IMO, you should just replace both sides.....the chances of you finding an exact match to what you currently have is slim.

MikeM
This is the kit from Auto Atlanta....Click to view attachment
914work
The orphan I have is a bit different.
Lettering and top/bottom stripes are thicker more block style lettering ~
Oh Well ...
raynekat
I agree that the original poster should remove his existing stripe and go with two new ones....preferably the ones from Early 911 S Registry and Bob Tilton.
Go for some original/different colors Singer Porche style as well!
Dark gray center stripe with navy blue upper & lower stripes....would be sweet.
You only live once...
carl k
I found a match on eBay- seller was importautographics.

-Carl

Click to view attachment
RickS
Another example of Bob T’s very close to original script. The one on the white car is totally out of proportion and the S is incorrect
Click to view attachment
djway
My 75 had stripes exactly like your first picture.
Some of the others on here the outer stripes are too narrow and further away from the center section compared to what we have.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.