Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SnickerDoodle 914's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
oakdalecurtis
Here's my first batch of SnickerDoodle 914's. I refrigerated the dough and used Pam on the 914 mold. The cookies kind of "blew up" while cooking. They are tasty though. Anyone know how to make the dough retain it's initial 914 mold size and not expand into Karmenn Ghias? chowtime.gif

Click to view attachment
budk
QUOTE(oakdalecurtis @ Apr 17 2018, 02:37 AM) *

Here's my first batch of SnickerDoodle 914's. I refrigerated the dough and used Pam on the 914 mold. The cookies kind of "blew up" while cooking. They are tasty though. Anyone know how to make the dough retain it's initial 914 mold size and not expand into Karmenn Ghias? chowtime.gif

Click to view attachment

It looks like the top one had an engine fire biggrin.gif

Unfortunately this is the result that I expected as that's what cookies do. Maybe the molds could be used on a sheet of thin brownies.... cook the sheet first and then use the molds to cut the shape out? Not sure if that will work or not.
David Billo
Maybe shortbread would be more stable, or any "rolled" cookie recipe, like sugar cookie.
jd74914
QUOTE(David Billo @ Apr 17 2018, 06:06 AM) *

Maybe shortbread would be more stable, or any "rolled" cookie recipe, like sugar cookie.

agree.gif I'd expect this from almost everything but a shortbread, sugar, or gingerbread cookie. Snicker doodles especially tend to rise and your standard tollhouse-type flattens too much IMHO.

They do look kinda cool though, like those photoshop fat cars. biggrin.gif
Jamie
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Apr 17 2018, 03:33 AM) *

QUOTE(David Billo @ Apr 17 2018, 06:06 AM) *

agree.gif I'd expect this from almost everything but a shortbread, sugar, or gingerbread cookie. Snicker doodles especially tend to rise and your standard tollhouse-type flattens too much IMHO.

They do look kinda cool though, like those photoshop fat cars. biggrin.gif

Dangit, now I'm hungry for one or two of your cookies! hissyfit.gif
theer
Try Springerle (a traditional German Christmas cookie) - they hold their shape incredibly well. The dough is also very light in color, so you can "paint" them any color you'd like!

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/150123/tr...nal-springerle/
oakdalecurtis
QUOTE(budk @ Apr 17 2018, 03:21 AM) *

QUOTE(oakdalecurtis @ Apr 17 2018, 02:37 AM) *

Click to view attachment

It looks like the top one had an engine fire biggrin.gif

Unfortunately this is the result that I expected as that's what cookies do. Maybe the molds could be used on a sheet of thin brownies.... cook the sheet first and then use the molds to cut the shape out? Not sure if that will work or not.

I almost spewed my breakfast cereal when I read your comment! An engine fire!!!!!!
slap.gif
r_towle
No, no, no

You need a lot more cinnamon to represent the rust.
You also need to frost them all in Porsche red!
Ed_Turbo
QUOTE(r_towle @ Apr 17 2018, 04:46 PM) *

No, no, no

I was about so say they already catching rust, but you sir get the credit lol-2.gif
Maltese Falcon
Looking tasty thumb3d.gif
fishgeckos
QUOTE(r_towle @ Apr 17 2018, 05:46 PM) *

No, no, no

Good one!!
marksteinhilber
But none are on jack stands! idea.gif
JmuRiz
they all just have flat tires from sitting in a field/driveway/garage for too many years wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.