Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel pump relocation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RJMII
I'd like to put high pressure/ high flow fuel pump closer to the fuel tank in my 70. Where is the best spot for relocating to in the earlier cars? (I have the walbro barrel style fuel pump ready to install, just waiting for the snow to go away again)
Dave_Darling
Next to the steering rack. It's cramped in there, but it is out of the way and won't get bumped by anything you carry in the trunk.

If you're OK with cutting an access door, then under the tank in the tank's compartment is good as well. That's where the factory put the 75-76 pump and filter.

--DD
GeorgeRud
If you can source a cover plate, I think the factory solution is best as it’s more accessible if needed without crawling under the car.
Chip
QUOTE(RJMII @ Apr 17 2018, 11:47 AM) *

I'd like to put high pressure/ high flow fuel pump closer to the fuel tank in my 70. Where is the best spot for relocating to in the earlier cars? (I have the walbro barrel style fuel pump ready to install, just waiting for the snow to go away again)

Dear Jim: I noticed you are in Sandy, UT. I am in Brigham City. Do you know of any local clubs or help for the 914?
BTW, my fuel pump was relocated to the front, near the steering column. It is quite tight, but is accessible.
76-914
Jim, I wanted to keep it close too. Here's mine.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
porschetub
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Apr 18 2018, 06:01 AM) *

Next to the steering rack. It's cramped in there, but it is out of the way and won't get bumped by anything you carry in the trunk.

If you're OK with cutting an access door, then under the tank in the tank's compartment is good as well. That's where the factory put the 75-76 pump and filter.

--DD

agree.gif think its a good spot,clamped to the front beam out of the way,being lower than the tank you have a constant "head" of fuel on the pump and you only have short fuel lines .
gothspeed
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Apr 17 2018, 12:58 PM) *

If you can source a cover plate, I think the factory solution is best as it’s more accessible if needed without crawling under the car.

agree.gif I was going to move it to the front but decided to keep it in the OE location. Then simply fab a nice heat shield for it. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.