Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 not saved yet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RémiDAVID
Hi,All
Happy to meet you,I have too much work and not enough time to work on my 6 car #23 and chat with you, my friends 914 community. beerchug.gif
I have something to say about a business I did last year with Steve MARTIN holding ship online "save the 914".FourteenerMotoring@gmail.com
I have ordered Shirts and cap for about 70usd paid via PayPal, I waited for two weeks and send a mail to have some news about my order headbang.gif
No reply, other and other mails claiming kindly refund, No reply icon_bump.gif
I beguin to Inderstand sheeplove.gif
Does anybody do business with that person??
Maybe he's on the forum to have such this job name sawzall-smiley.gif
it'not with this kind of person that we'll save the 914 bye1.gif
GeorgeRud
I’ve had good dealings with Steve in the past, but I think sometimes he gets overextended as this is a sideline for him. Keep trying to reach him and he does read the Forum, so hopefully you’ll be able to rectify the problem.
RémiDAVID
Thank you, I Also hope he read me and do as necessery for repair
RémiDAVID
QUOTE(RémiDAVID @ Apr 17 2018, 03:04 PM) *

bye1.gif yellowsleep[1].gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(RémiDAVID @ Apr 17 2018, 12:04 PM) *

Try sending him a PM (Personal Message) and an email from this 914world website and see if he answers it for you.

He's been reliable for what I've purchased from him over the past few years.

Good Luck!
Tom
///////
76-914
He is stevegm on this site. Send him a PM. This way he will see he has a message anytime that he logs onto this site. beerchug.gif
Chris914n6
Steve hasn't posted much lately, but... Last Active 12th April 2018 - 11:44 AM

A PM should get his attention.

He's the guy that does the calendars also. We all got ours if not a bit later than expected.
billh1963
He's on right now....good luck!
RémiDAVID
I send him a MP waiting reply rolleyes.gif
I made many businesses online it’s the first time I was scammed and more by a 914 enthusiast barf.gif
Cairo94507
I do not believe Steve is scamming anyone. Take a deep breath and calm down. WTF.gif
fixer34
I ordered the magazine and a T-shirt early on. Got the shirt no problem and the first half-dozen or so issues of the magazine.

No one is scamming people; I don't know him, but Steve tried to do a good thing and got in way over his head. I'm pretty sure his venture cost him a lot more than he ever made from it.
mepstein
QUOTE(fixer34 @ Apr 18 2018, 08:30 PM) *

I ordered the magazine and a T-shirt early on. Got the shirt no problem and the first half-dozen or so issues of the magazine.

No one is scamming people; I don't know him, but Steve tried to do a good thing and got in way over his head. I'm pretty sure his venture cost him a lot more than he ever made from it.

agree.gif I know Steve. I’ve been to his house and met his family. He’s a good guy. Magazine was break even at best and that didn’t account for his time. It wasn’t a scam, just a big time suck and we all have things going on that cause us to drop the ball sometimes.
VaccaRabite
Having tried to do a magazine in the past its a hugely thankless and overwhelming job unless you have a lot of help.

I've got a few of Steve's shirts and he has always done right by me.

Zach
billh1963
Hopefully, Steve has (or will) contact the OP and resolve this all too familiar theme. chair.gif

RémiDAVID
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Apr 18 2018, 08:43 PM) *

Hopefully, Steve has (or will) contact the OP and resolve this all too familiar theme. chair.gif

Mystery he read my PM two weeks ago always waiting for a reply confused24.gif
Have you got some news of him unsure.gif
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Apr 18 2018, 05:21 PM) *

Having tried to do a magazine in the past its a hugely thankless and overwhelming job unless you have a lot of help.

I've got a few of Steve's shirts and he has always done right by me.

Zach

Anyone attempting a magazine in the digital age is about 15 years too late, unless it's funded by a club or a non-profit it's almost impossible in today's advertising environment to even break even. Take it from a guy who had a magazine that was available in 3 continents in the early 2000's, and shuttered by 2006. Print as a profit engine is dead.
gandalf_025
The internet and environmental concerns have killed Commercial Printing.

The only place that can print with real ink is China.. Cause they don't care..
RémiDAVID
QUOTE(gandalf_025 @ Apr 29 2018, 01:35 PM) *

The internet and environmental concerns have killed Commercial Printing.

The only place that can print with real ink is China.. Cause they don't care..

agree.gif
If he can't supply then tell me
Why this silence, It's the détestable ostrich method mad.gif
Andyrew
QUOTE(mepstein @ Apr 18 2018, 05:51 PM) *

QUOTE(fixer34 @ Apr 18 2018, 08:30 PM) *

agree.gif I know Steve. I’ve been to his house and met his family. He’s a good guy. Magazine was break even at best and that didn’t account for his time. It wasn’t a scam, just a big time suck and we all have things going on that cause us to drop the ball sometimes.

Steve is a great guy that wants nothing but to support and progress the 914 community. His issue? He overstretched himself on a couple of projects and then life got in the way. I still support him and hope he brings back the 914magazine at some point. It was getting really great!
billh1963
QUOTE(RémiDAVID @ Apr 29 2018, 12:18 PM) *

Mystery he read my PM two weeks ago always waiting for a reply confused24.gif
Have you got some news of him unsure.gif

He was active just an hour or so ago. Maybe you should PM him again...and again.... and again..... popcorn[1].gif
Matty900
Maybe you can ask him who won the Build off challenge last year confused24.gif
Blue6
Members/cheerleaders,
Sure Steve is a great guy and tried some difficult business ventures. But, if we are to believe the OP, he paid $70 almost a month ago for items that were not received. Adding insult to injury, OP says he has reached out several times with no response. With Steve being on the site recently, it’s hard to believe he is unaware. Fact is, Steve (great guy) owes the OP $70 and an apology. That’s not how we roll....
porschetub
QUOTE(Blue6 @ Apr 30 2018, 12:07 PM) *

Members/cheerleaders,
Sure Steve is a great guy and tried some difficult business ventures. But, if we are to believe the OP, he paid $70 almost a month ago for items that were not received. Adding insult to injury, OP says he has reached out several times with no response. With Steve being on the site recently, it’s hard to believe he is unaware. Fact is, Steve (great guy) owes the OP $70 and an apology. That’s not how we roll....

Appears that way but the OP isn't a diplomat by any means,however that is the way we roll,and yes times up for a response.
Had a similar issue with a well known guy on here and he never responded,until I responded on here and my parts arrived after 6 weeks.
RémiDAVID
QUOTE(porschetub @ Apr 30 2018, 12:38 AM) *

QUOTE(Blue6 @ Apr 30 2018, 12:07 PM) *

Members/cheerleaders,

Appears that way but the OP isn't a diplomat by any means,however that is the way we roll,and yes times up for a response.
Had a similar issue with a well known guy on here and he never responded,until I responded on here and my parts arrived after 6 weeks.

Hi All. beerchug.gif
In this story I have just enough use diplomacy.We are not going to drag on the subject
I think I have done as necessery to find a solution, we'll move on something else
Heard you saying that Steve is Great guy, finaly I feel like the bad guy.
running after clothes I have other things to do and I don't have either 70usd near.
I have a lot of interresting things to learn and other to say about 914's
Sorry bye Steve, take care of yourself

billh1963
QUOTE(RémiDAVID @ Apr 30 2018, 03:03 PM) *

Hi All. beerchug.gif
In this story I have just enough use diplomacy.We are not going to drag on the subject
I think I have done as necessery to find a solution, we'll move on something else
Heard you saying that Steve is Great guy, finaly I feel like the bad guy.
running after clothes I have other things to do and I don't have either 70usd near.
I have a lot of interresting things to learn and other to say about 914's
Sorry bye Steve, take care of yourself

Don't give up! Steve may make this right, yet.

Let us know how this turns out.
Larmo63
Personally, I think it SUCKS that this guy had Steve (who has also had issues with being on the up & up as far as delivering magazines and calendars) basically ignore him or hide under his desk.

Be a man Steve, give this guy his money back. Enough with your bullshit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.