Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1973 914 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
nomedulla
I have posted this before and I am trying again.

1973 Porsche 914 2.0
condition: fair/good?
cylinders: 4 cylinders
drive: rwd
fuel: gas
odometer: 33000
paint color: yellow
size: compact
title status: clean
transmission: manual
type: convertible
PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE POST. PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE POST.
I DO NOT TEXT. I DO NOT TEXT. I DO NOT TEXT.
My contact number is in this post.

The Good:

1973 Porsche 914 2.0
Appearance package
Original Fuel Injected GA serial number engine.
Black vinyl sail panel.
5, yes 5, original Fuchs 2.0 alloys.
Chrome bumpers
Car will start... will not stay running.
130psi on all cylinders.,, or at least on my MAC compression tester. Bottom line... consistent across board.
28psi fuel... yes, there is a fuel pressure gauge.
Valves adjusted properly.
Proper green 2.0 injectors with good fuel delivery and spray pattern.
New vacuum lines.
Fuel pump moved under fuel tank.
All electrical works. (Lighs, turn signals, brake lights, reverse lights, wipers, etc... even the seat belt buzzer)
Interior in good shape...original seats/carpet, no tears.
3 gauge center console.
5 speed transmission that shifts smoothly in all gears.
Rear Sway Bar... the right side drop link pops out due to a bad bushing. No front sway bar.
Rear trunk solid... no rust.
It has been garage stored and not left in the elements.
Fairly straight body for a 45 year old unmolested car.
All original.
33K miles.

The bad:

It will not stay running... but it starts strong.
Yellow repaint that is faded and not the original yellow.
Typical 914 rust on passenger side battery tray/jack point. I do have a new battery tray/support to go with the purchase.
Rust/bondo on drivers door channel.
Minor rust in driver'side floor panel.
Front trunk has very small rust hole under spare tire (less than the size of a penny).
Rust bubble on passenger front fender by body seal/seam... less than the size of a penny.
No engine bay fuse/relay cover.
No exhaust... well, there is, but it has been removed as the muffler is blown out. I still have it.
TTS2 spade broken.
Rear bumper rubber cap rough.
No rocker panels.
Passenger tail light broken on end.
Small chip in windshield.
Better condition than most for a non restored 45 year old car.

The door panels/carpet/center console are removed... but I have them and they are in good condition.
I took these out thinking of doing a full restoration... life got in the way.
I have a bunch of manuals to go with the car, as well.
I am done with tinkering with it for now due to other projects that are more of a priority.

This is a 1973 Porsche 914 2.0 Appearance package that is original and unmolested... other than a bad paint respray and 45 years of use.
I am not in dire need to sell it and it can continue to stay in my garage until I get the urge to get it on the road again.
It is presently registered and insured.
Given this, the $6000 price is FIRM!
Do not contact me and say you can get one for less. If you can... go buy it.
If you do come to see it, do not "nitpick" or "tire kick" the car.
Please do not be a dreamer.
Please do not waste your time, nor mine.

I have more photos, but due the upload limit, I am unable to post anymore. I will Email/PM any particular area of the car at your request... or: https://fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee/cto/d/...6564220340.html

If you have read this far, Thank You!

I have been as honest about the car as I can be. I would like to see this go to someone who appreciates these cars.
This is a FLORIDA titled car. The title is clear and in my name.
I will not deliver/transport this car. If you arrange transportation, I am more than willing to be available when needed for pick up.

I DO NOT TEXT because I am not going to go through unlimited texting that consumes a lot of time, where a good old fashion phone call will answer any questions far easier... and with greater detail.

3 Zero 5 Seven 9 Eight 5 Zero 6 Six. is my contact number.

My apologies for having to post my number in this fashion, however due to scams and robocalls that were not in place at the time this car was manufactured... we are all presently reduced to having to speak in code. :-)

I may not be able to answer the phone, as I do have a job... please leave a message.
Please call within reasonable hours... which to me is 8AM to 8PM, EASTERN TIME ZONE.

I DO NOT accept:
PayPal;
Checks;
Money orders;
or ANY format of electronic or paper monetary utterance... other than paper that has the image of one of the great founding fathers of our country, and is issued by the United States Treasury.
Preferably 60, with the image of Benjamin Franklin.

Thanks for looking!Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment Click to view attachment
Fronkenstein
Do you ACCEPT PAYPAL or communicate by TEXT MESSAGE?

Bwa-haahaha

Sorry I couldn't resist. But man if this is a legit post it sure doesn't sound like it.

Frodrick
nomedulla
Call the number and you will discover how legit the ad is and how I am willing to provide as much information as possible.

Its a damn shame what a mans word and worth have become since 1973.
Front yard mechanic
Do you text?
billh1963
QUOTE(nomedulla @ Apr 18 2018, 07:34 AM) *

Call the number and you will discover how legit the ad is and how I am willing to provide as much information as possible.

Its a damn shame what a mans word and worth have become since 1973.

Ignore trolls.... dry.gif

Looks like a good project. and good luck with the sale
Cairo94507
That seems like a legit ad to me. I wish the car was not in Florida. GLWTS beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.