Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.2 six rebuild
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Retroracer
So my -6 cam timing jumped, so engine is out for a tear down and bottom end inspection and fresh timing chains. While looking through the Dempsey 911 engine bible, I decided to spend an hour making my own case assembly tools out of some flat 1" aluminum.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I figure I could make money by making sets of these, getting them anodized and selling them as bespoke tooling to the well-heeled 911 crowd for many $$.... biggrin.gif

- Tony
gereed75
Built a set too.maybe just me but I found them very clumsy to use. Devised other means to do the trick.
Retroracer
QUOTE(gereed75 @ Apr 18 2018, 02:30 PM) *

Built a set too.maybe just me but I found them very clumsy to use. Devised other means to do the trick.

Good to know. It'll be my first time zipping up a case so any tricks / tips you can share gratefully received...

- Tony
914dave
Built my own too. An extra set of hands will be very helpful.
Mark Henry
If you go through my engine build thread you will see that tool and others I've made.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...p;#entry1993936

I make more than half of my special tools, I've been busy doing 996 engines I've built all the tools and jigs. First of this week I built a tool for removing/installing the trans mount on a 996.
Mark Henry
Here's my versions of your tools,
IPB Image
BK911
I use 10 gauge wire.
Cut it, then bend by hand for that perfect fit
Easy peasy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.